Pre-Purchase advice Oceanic EOS FDX10 VS Delta 4.2 FDX10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SurfnPics

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been tossing up between these two configuration, but thinking that its probably overkill for a rec diver like myself to spend the extra on the EOS? Would anyone have any advice please on these two models or perhaps another suggestion? I am currently in the market to replace my now very outdated equipment. I'd like to buy good quality that will last without an unnecessary over-spend.

The occy I was considering was an Oceanic Alpha 9

Thanks

I don't have any experience with the delta. But I did upgrade from my old Sherwood brut to an eos and I couldn't be happier. It's simple to use. I like a slight amount of resistance when I'm coasting along to help with my air consumption but I've had to really kick in some currents recently and I never once felt like it couldn't supply my needs. The biggest difference I found was down at 120' it is still effortless breathing. I would never even think about picking up a different one.

Surfn: I got an EOS after previously using an Atomic regulator. In my opinion, the EOS is far superior to the Atomic. The EOS is the easiest, nicest breathing regulator I've ever used. My wife also tried my regulator on a dive, and after trying the EOS, she insisted that we get an EOS for her as well. Therefore, we now have two of them and couldn't be happier.

We sell all 3 of the popular models that you are considering, and as others have said, the EOS is a magnificent reg and is deserving to be the "flagship" of the Oceanic line. That said, the Delta is also a high end workhorse and we sell a lot of these (it's my personal go-to reg). The advantage of these two over the Alpha 9 is that both are adjustable, a feature that many divers really appreciate. I would suggest that you also look close at the Delta 4.1...the price just dropped by $100 making it a great value - assuming you can go without the Swivel, flex hose, and DVT. Something to consider for a very solid adjustable reg at almost half the price of an EOS (with the same first stage).

Feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions.

You may want to check out the Hollis equivalent, there have been some good online deals lately. Hollis is Oceanic's tech diving line, any Oceanic dealer should be able to service it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom