Pre-order your MagicShine MJ-876 1200-Lumen SST-50 LED today! Prices will go up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

look up magicshine reviews not novae, i think they are just a distributor and not a manufacturer

But i did infact receive my 876 two days ago, took it for a night dive last night and was very pleased with the results. very bright

If you find the time, I hope you can leave a good review. A lot of people are looking for reviews and I haven't managed to get any of my customers to leave up some good and thorough feedback. Hope you can help! :)

well, for the price you will find nothing better. my friend has a 2000 lumen torch but he bought it for $500 so that is probably what made me buy this. Torch will last a few dives which is good and the light itself especially at night underwater is super bright and definitely blinds people if shone at the eyes. The construction is very sturdy and well made, seems like you could drop it many times without damage. Comes with a nice neoprene case too. Very easy to charge, I prefer chargeable batteries like this instead of having to charge a few AA batteries or even buy new ones.

My only flurry with it is the weight, but even then, it's not a big deal. Most torches at such power output will be heavy, besides those SOLA lights but they cost a fortune.
The ability to put the torch onto a camera would be handy as well.

Overall very pleased and exactly what i was looking for!

Went to your site.

Lots of photos of
SOLD-OUT's posted on everything.......................

I have lots of my students looking for a great $60 - $150 light.

Can you update us on your line, as the last upate is from back in 2011 ???????????????????????

Thanks,

Bob C

well, for the price you will find nothing better. my friend has a 2000 lumen torch but he bought it for $500 so that is probably what made me buy this. Torch will last a few dives which is good and the light itself especially at night underwater is super bright and definitely blinds people if shone at the eyes. The construction is very sturdy and well made, seems like you could drop it many times without damage. Comes with a nice neoprene case too. Very easy to charge, I prefer chargeable batteries like this instead of having to charge a few AA batteries or even buy new ones.

My only flurry with it is the weight, but even then, it's not a big deal. Most torches at such power output will be heavy, besides those SOLA lights but they cost a fortune.
The ability to put the torch onto a camera would be handy as well.

Overall very pleased and exactly what i was looking for!

Thanks for the review Nitro91!

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Went to your site.

Lots of photos of
SOLD-OUT's posted on everything.......................

I have lots of my students looking for a great $60 - $150 light.

Can you update us on your line, as the last upate is from back in 2011 ???????????????????????

Thanks,

Bob C

Hi! I just opened a pre-order for the MJ-876. Quantity is limited to 20 units. Orders will be shipped beginning of April 2012. Thanks!

Home - Novae: Your #1 source for HID and LED flashlights! - Website takes PayPal. For cash/USPS money orders, please contact novae.products@hotmail.com.

I will add that I have also had good luck dealing with Novae. I had originally bought one of the SST-50 lights and liked it a lot. But then I started having some issues and Adrian was very helpful trying to get them resolved. In the end I ended up with the MJ-876 and have been very happy with it. He even let me pick it up in the middle of the night after a night dive. Thanks again for the help.

I have a friend that bought either a 600 or 900 lumen light that has had no problems. I also had another buddy who bought the MJ-876 from Novae after seeing me dive with mine a few times. He also been very happy with the light.

I will admit that I was a little shocked with the size at first, but I have since got used to it. It is just part of the price to pay to have the longer burn time which is totally worth it. And the price is right compared to a $500-$1,000 can light.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Adrian, but I have been enjoying the light:D

Adrian, I've been watching the threads on these lights for some time and finally decided to pull the trigger; just ordered a MJ-876. The comments on the performance of the lights and your customer service are what prompted me to order. Looking forward to diving this light.

I bought one of these awhile back. I have dove with it probably 20-30 times. So far it works great, and I have abused it a bit, beating it around and generally showing it no special care, and it continues to work. As far as the beam goes, in the darkness it feels and looks like a light saber. If a very bright spot is what you are looking for this is your light! I see no practical way to convert it to a wide beam. Also be aware, my friends call this light "king kong" (or something like that) because of its size. Its huge. So much so that its almost cartoonish. It looks like a way overgrown backup light. And it is heavy. I purchased this to "get me by" until I was ready for a better light. I have since purchased a Light Monkey 50 watt which is what I wanted in the first place. For poking in holes this is great. for video and photography, not so good. Its far too big to be considered a practical back up light. For the money, I doubt you will find a more powerful light, but its size, and lack of adjustable beam, are show stoppers for me. I will probably still hang onto mine, to loan to friends and to have spare light. I would rate this light "worth more than I paid for it" but only slightly. I should also add that dealing with Novae was no problem. I was initially a little skeptical about the pre-order, but I went ahead anyway, and just sat patiently waiting. Novae delivered the light a little earlier than they said they would and communicated with me the whole way. Oxychecq makes a very nice velcro hand mount that fits this light as well. I highly recommend that you get the hand mount if you buy this light. If you have any other questions about this light I will be happy to try and answer them.

Here is some video shot in King Springs with the light. The video is pretty bad, but it will give you an idea of what to expect in the dark. Fast forward to about 5:00 to get to the dark part if you are impatient.

http://youtu.be/sdy_KhHrZpQ

Last edited:
Wow, you guys are awesome! Thanks for the reviews and kind words!

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

UPDATE 03/30/12: FREE shipping for USA buyers! DISCOUNTED shipping for International buyers! Save 20% off shipping for each additional item purchased!

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Home - Novae: Your #1 source for HID and LED flashlights! - Website takes PayPal. For other payment methods, please contact me through the Website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom