Pre-order your MagicShine MJ-876 1200-Lumen SST-50 LED today! Prices will go up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there hydraulic sealing in the front redundant so the reflector cup orange could wide focus for LED? Or is grill of heat dissipating make aperture of 55.5mm not large enough for focus of LED beam wide?

There is a hydraulic sealing but it will not change the focus of the beam though. No worries though, the beam is bright enough to which you won't have to worry about having a wide beam to see under deep depths.

There is a hydraulic sealing but it will not change the focus of the beam though. No worries though, the beam is bright enough to which you won't have to worry about having a wide beam to see under deep depths.

Pictures does not indicate how wide beam from cup reflector of orange. Is beam of flood type or type of spot?

Is there hydraulic sealing in the front redundant so the reflector cup orange could wide focus for LED? Or is grill of heat dissipating make aperture of 55.5mm not large enough for focus of LED beam wide?

There is no hydraulic sealing to change the focus of the beam. The beam is set at approximately 15-20 degrees. Thanks.

I am new to diving and this seems like a neat little light. If I may be so bold, I would like to voice a few concerns prior to purchasing this light.

It seems this Novae is a small business, that I am ok with, but under "About Us" it is mentioned "If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us." On the other hand, under "Returns" it states "Buyers have 60 days from the date of purchase to return items for an exchange (replacement only). We do not provide refunds." It seems that these statements aren't in alignment.

How do we know if these lights will continue to work? It makes me a bit nervous to not be able to find many reviews of these lights via google. I have searched "+Novae led +reviews"

Please don't take anything I am saying wrong, I am in the service industry and I always stand behind my products. If I don't I would be out of a job in a short time.

On the positive side, I have seen in other posts on scubaboard that they loved their light and others that had issues but Novae took care of them.

look up magicshine reviews not novae, i think they are just a distributor and not a manufacturer

But i did infact receive my 876 two days ago, took it for a night dive last night and was very pleased with the results. very bright

Is there a smooth reflector for that light?
I am interested, but need this light for night spearfishing. So it has to be with a mall spot, and a little bit of spill.

thanks.

Is there a smooth reflector for that light?
I am interested, but need this light for night spearfishing. So it has to be with a mall spot, and a little bit of spill.

thanks.

The MJ-876 is very bright so it would be perfect for night spearfishing. It does have a pretty wide spill though. Thanks.

I am new to diving and this seems like a neat little light. If I may be so bold, I would like to voice a few concerns prior to purchasing this light.

It seems this Novae is a small business, that I am ok with, but under "About Us" it is mentioned "If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your purchase, please do not hesitate to contact us." On the other hand, under "Returns" it states "Buyers have 60 days from the date of purchase to return items for an exchange (replacement only). We do not provide refunds." It seems that these statements aren't in alignment.

How do we know if these lights will continue to work? It makes me a bit nervous to not be able to find many reviews of these lights via google. I have searched "+Novae led +reviews"

Please don't take anything I am saying wrong, I am in the service industry and I always stand behind my products. If I don't I would be out of a job in a short time.

On the positive side, I have seen in other posts on scubaboard that they loved their light and others that had issues but Novae took care of them.

I take care of my customers so you don't have to worry. If you have any questions or concerns, just shoot me an e-mail and I'll respond within 24 hours. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom