New 2011 MagicShine MJ-878 2200LM SST-90 LED Dive Light @ www.novaeproducts.com!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novaeproducts

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all! The newly released and highly anticipated MJ-878 dive light by MagicShine is now in! You can purchase this awesome dive light via PayPal @ Home - Novae: Your #1 source for HID and LED flashlights!.

Specs:

• Brand: MagicShine
  • Model #: MJ-878
  • LED: SST-90
  • Max Output: 2200LM
  • Battery Type: 8*18650 Li-ion (8800mAH)
  • Run-time: 1.7 hours @ 2200LM
  • Modes: Hi > Low > SOS
  • Waterproof Grade: IPX-8 (100 meters)
Features:

• Virtually indestructible 6061-T6 aluminum alloy body w/ HA-III surface finish
  • Built-in power indicator ring (Green: 100-55%, Red: 55-10%, Red blink: Less than 10%)
  • Double AR coated, anti-fog glass lens
  • High efficiency orange peel reflector with 65.7mm large aperture
  • 360 degree rotation magnetic ring switch, super waterproof
  • Large heat dissipation grille to ensure stable work @ 35W
  • Double waterproof ring, waterproof grade IPX-8, 100 meters diving depth
  • Built-in 8*18650 BAK Li-ion battery, 8800mAH, 1.7 hours long run-time @ 100% output, CE/UL certified to meet consumer safety regulations
  • Square knurl surface provides the best grip
  • Adjustable lanyard secures flashlight to wrist
Package Content:

• MJ-878 Flashlight
  • Built-in 8*18650 BAK Li-ion Battery (8800mAH)
  • Universal Charger (US Plug)
  • Car Charger
  • Neopreen Carry Sleeve
  • User Manual

What is the lumen output and run time on low? What is the recharge time needed?

We just restocked on the MJ-878. Thank you to those who have placed an order. We deeply value your business. Happy New Years everyone!

Good business practice would suggest that you let customers know when an item is out of stock rather than sending them a tracking number that continues to show that the item has not been received by the post office with no other communication from you on the subject. A simple message after the order was placed stating it was out of stock could have completely alleviated the situation. Not having the light in time for it's intended use with no warning to make other arrangements in time tends to leave a bad taste in my mouth. I would expect that your generous $25 shipping charge for a light would have it here in under 2 weeks.
I will report back if and when I do actually receive a light as to the quality.

Good business practice would suggest that you let customers know when an item is out of stock rather than sending them a tracking number that continues to show that the item has not been received by the post office with no other communication from you on the subject. A simple message after the order was placed stating it was out of stock could have completely alleviated the situation. Not having the light in time for it's intended use with no warning to make other arrangements in time tends to leave a bad taste in my mouth. I would expect that your generous $25 shipping charge for a light would have it here in under 2 weeks.
I will report back if and when I do actually receive a light as to the quality.

You're absolutely right. I should've contacted you and several other buyers to let you guys know that the MJ-878 was out of stock. It was just bad inventory counting on my part and poor judgment. For that, I'm truly sorry. Please rest assured that all orders have been fulfilled and you should receive your MJ-878 shortly (if you haven't gotten them already).

Thank you for your reply and publicly acknowledging your mistake. I received my light the other day and I will say that I am completely satisfied. This LED light is BRIGHT and I can't wait to get it in the water(too bad I didn't have it in time for my dive last weekend). I was very concerned with the claimed lumen output and I have no way to measure it, but compared to my 700 lumen Dive Rite light I would say that this could easily be 2200 lumen with a similar beam pattern. I will say that this light is a bit heavy to carry as a dive light, but it would be unreasonable to not expect it to be heavy based on the output and burn time.

Thank you for your reply and publicly acknowledging your mistake. I received my light the other day and I will say that I am completely satisfied. This LED light is BRIGHT and I can't wait to get it in the water(too bad I didn't have it in time for my dive last weekend). I was very concerned with the claimed lumen output and I have no way to measure it, but compared to my 700 lumen Dive Rite light I would say that this could easily be 2200 lumen with a similar beam pattern. I will say that this light is a bit heavy to carry as a dive light, but it would be unreasonable to not expect it to be heavy based on the output and burn time.

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the MJ-878! Looking forward to your dive results as I'm sure everyone else is as well. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom