Pre-Easter Monterey Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunkee:
Ben,

I like how you post pics in all your threads--you a photojournalist now?

When are you gonna post underwater shots?

-eR
and this coming from a "published" photographer. :D
Nice report guys.

Sounds like you had a great time. I have to laugh a little bit, though, at all the people who are blown away by the anemones in Monterey -- I mean, the 5thD-X crew are MAPPING them. They are ubiquitous at our Puget Sound dive sites, to the point where they fade into the background and we try to find something INTERESTING to look at :)

Hey mid,
Any underwater pics?

midwestdvr:
Nope. Was trying out a new setup so didn't bring it with me. Good thing too 'coz I was still having problems with weighting in cold water.
Here's what I did to reduce the amount of weight I carry. Before my dive, I place 2 - 4 lbs of weight in my BC pocket and at safety stop, with 500PSI air left and no air in my BC, I start removing the weights from my pockets. The goal is to remain at the safety stop with 500 PSI and no air in you BC - your optimum weight. So, now I carry about 12lbs of weight on a 7mm+5mm hooded vest, down from 23lbs.
Anyway, just my $0.02 :D

Sub no need for that... Just send the guy in doubles in and he comes back with another weight belt and soft weights... snorkels over and helps you swap belts... that's what the team mates for.

Ben_ca:
Sub no need for that... Just send the guy in doubles in and he comes back with another weight belt and soft weights... snorkels over and helps you swap belts... that's what the team mates for.
Oh yes, that is more efficient.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom