Pre-dive check....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony:
Actually they all belong to the Security Co. down here. I get invited out to play with them and some of the local police. Great stress relief!

I got a buddy back in Colorado who hooked up with a guy who writes gun reviews for cop magazines. He was very proud of the fact that he can shoot the Barrett twice before he has to re-position on the mat...

The bum.

You can take the boy out of Texas but....

Okay...kept my mouth shut long enough...can't stand it anymore!!!

Yeah Tony, I caught the Beretta cocked and "unlocked" before any replies. :D

And an extra 1,000 psi. credit to dano and 02 for their comments on the "cocked" pistol. :rofl3:

scubatexastony:
The street sweeper is French made, 12 ga. selectable pump or semi-auto

The Italian made Franchi (pronounced Fronkey, Frenchy, Franky..whatever) is a SPAS 15, an upgrade from the SPAS 12. It has selective fire that lets you choose between semi-auto or pump action. The pump action option was designed for use with stuff like tear gas rounds like we used in the old Remington 870. The SPAS 12 has an option of a "fold over the top of the receiver" rear stock. The selective fire SPAS 12 was what I was familiar with.

I still like the HK MP5 which fires from a closed bolt as opposed to the MAC 10 type open bolt stuff for a sub-machine gun...although the Colt (if it was a full-auto model instead of the semi-auto model of AR-15) is classified as a "machine gun" since it fires rifle cartridges.

Although I do like the old .45 cal. Reising and the .30 cal. M2 (hate the .30 cal. round but it's fun to shoot).

Uncle had a semi-auto Franchi 20 gauge he used to quail hunt with when Dad took his Browning Sweet 16 (which I now have) and I was taking my Ithaca Mod. 37 20 gauge pump.

Oh...and the SPAS is not a real "street sweeper" with the 12 round tommy gun like drum magazine...or the original Striker drum-fed shotgun.

But it would clear an alley real quick. :D

Hey, in Tony's pic. in post #8 he kinda looks like Sam Elliott's character Wade Garrett in the movie "Road House"...what y'all think?

Mr. Plethora,

Just parroting what I was told, I'll ream their butts for the mis-information. Franchi is not French.....:D Maybe it was a French dude in Italy that designed it though? :D

Don't try to butter me up with the Sam comments, you're buying your on air....:mooner: Butt, you DO get the free boat (pontoon) dive day on beautiful Lake Brandy Branch, complete with lunch and drinks of choice! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Thanks Tony! Lookin' forward to the free boat dive!

Does the free lunch mean whatever fish we can catch and the free drinks of choice mean however much lake water I swallow? :D

To correct a mistake I made on the AR-15 variant...I went back and read where it is a 9mm. and not a .223. In full-auto that would classify it as a sub-machine gun and not a machine gun.

Street sweeper is a common name for any combat/riot shotgun, but the "Street Sweeper" was a longer barreled variant of the South African "Striker" shotgun that had the 12 round drum magazine. It had problems because the drum rotated upon the trigger pull like a revolver, which lead to problems on rotating the drum...heavy trigger pull.

We always call the riot guns "Old Alley Cleaner." :11:

Tomato or Tahmahto...whatever. :D

Ask them if they have a Stoner Mk 23...I'll gladly pay for the tax stamp here to get one. Since it's about $200 for the federal tax stamp I'd give them about $100 for the Mk23. :eyebrow:

This is all just too fun...
I'm going to have to break out the Sterling MK7 this weekend and slap in a 30 round banana clip and make a bit of noise when we go diving.
After all...it'll make a good Full Gear Photo Opp don't you think :wink:

We should start a Gallery :crafty:

SOLDIER OF FORTUNE
Picture_071.jpg

:rofl3:

Okay...let's quiet down about Tony now. He is on Wanted Posters in South and Central America (I don't think he can go to Mexico anymore). :11:

Frank, if you have any type of Sterling bring it by!!! Or if you want to just do stress relief give me a call...I have the space and the equipment.

Just don't shoot the horses, or the piano player.

I wanna play with one of these. Talk about a new meaning to "free shafting."

Who said this wasn't about diving? :D

Edit for trivia: Where did the original "I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges." come from?

Back
Top Bottom