Praying for north coast to play nice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well we drove 3 hours to get up here. We were able to get one dive on today before it got dark and let's just say conditions were less than ideal.

Dropping down into some bull kelp, via was at about 4 ft with sgnificant biomass in the water that had been stirred up from the surge.

We were getting about 3ft rollers coming in at 10sec intervals. It didn't look too bad on the surface but down below, yeah couldn't see anything.

This was my first open water dive in my new drysuit. It flooded :p partially it was my fault as I didn't seat the neck seal right. I may have to trim it a it's having to fold back on itself to sit comfortably because it reaches pretty high. I can get it to seal as I've done it in the pool but it just makes it harder. I'll give it another shot though. Add onto that my pee valve is still leaking. I must be a total weakling to not be able to screw that thing on tight enough to make a seal.

We're going to be at Stillwater cove tomorrow morning at around 8.30-9am if anyone is Interested in going. NOAA says the conditions should be muh nicer. We'll see if that's the case.

If it's a latex seal, don't trim it because it's sitting too high. Just pull it down. Trimming it will make it looser, which can make it leak permanently.

Which p-valve did you install? And what kind of suit do you have? We had a ton of problems getting the one on Peter's compressed neoprene suit to stop leaking -- we put gaskets on both sides of the suit, but ended up having to Aquaseal the valve to the gaskets to get the leaking to stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom