Prayers to the family....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes we are sure about the fact as the instructor this happened to is a friend of a good friend of mine who was out at the lake with him... I do not want to put details out as I don't want to do "hear say"

uhhhh. . . .what do you mean, "the instructor this happened to is a friend. . ."??? I don't believe anything happened to the instructor. Wasn't it the student who died? It is my understanding from the manager of the dive store where the training took place that it was not a "dive related" incident but rather just a serious of unfortunate circumstances that resulted in the death of a student. Anyone should be able to determine for themselves that it is too soon for a coroner's report to have been released or for an accident investigation to have been conducted. What you seem to be saying is that you know something but you're not telling. . . why would you say that?

My prayers go out to the family. How unfortunate. It would be good to know some details if it was diving related.

okscuba:
uhhhh. . . .what do you mean, "the instructor this happened to is a friend. . ."??? I don't believe anything happened to the instructor. Wasn't it the student who died?
Having a student die no matter what the cause is going to be traumatic for an instructor. It happens to your student, it happens to you emotionally. Personally if something were to happen to one of my students I would be done with diving, my students are like my kids. My heart goes out to the family of the student as well as to the instructor and others who were there. I would like to commend those who are waiting for solid information before posting.
Ber :lilbunny:

My mistake in wording... it was a student of an instructor... I simply wanted to get this out so that the family knows our prayers are with all involved....

Very awful news... I do pray that the family, friends and instructors will be comforted.

Foo

okscuba:
uhhhh. . . .what do you mean, "the instructor this happened to is a friend. . ."??? I don't believe anything happened to the instructor. Wasn't it the student who died? It is my understanding from the manager of the dive store where the training took place that it was not a "dive related" incident but rather just a serious of unfortunate circumstances that resulted in the death of a student. Anyone should be able to determine for themselves that it is too soon for a coroner's report to have been released or for an accident investigation to have been conducted. What you seem to be saying is that you know something but you're not telling. . . why would you say that?

Great intro,

R.I.P.

This is terrible news. Does anyone know the details? Was it dive related?

Back
Top Bottom