Practicing in a pool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A pool is an excellent place to practice your buoyancy skills.
Remember, the greatest amount of air compression/expansion is in the first 15 feet.
If you can find a tank that's 12' or so, you're good to go!

Safe dives . . . .
Safer ascents,

the K

Great advice. I happen to be going to the high school pool tomorrow to test out my new rig and came across this thread at the right time.\

Love SB!

PH

If too much light is your problem in the pool, you may be able to add an ND filter to your camera.

Other than that, I find that what has improved my photography the most is improving my diving skills. The pool is great for that. Look up GUE basic 5 on youtube and practice that while in perfect buoyancy and position.

Regards,
Mikkel

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Pool is good for getting familiar with camera controls; e.g. going through all the aperture settings and strobe settings to practice balancing ambient and artificial light.

pool-photo-practice_1.jpg

Practice proper strobe aiming and positioning.
Even a 'clean' pool will give you experience with backscatter.
pool-photo-practice_2.jpg

Have fun with Snell's window.

pool-photo-practice_3.jpg

I enjoyed shooting in the pool at my LDS a couple of weeks ago. I shot a spearfishing target and laid a tape measure on the bottom to see how actual results lined up with the guide number of my strobes. Then a couple of friends showed up to blow some bubbles so I practiced on them too.

Back
Top Bottom