Practice Dive Plan tables ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to be annoying, but can my thread not get hijacked? I did forget to specify this is PADI. Thanks guys

As you may be noticing, asking for dive planning practice help without specifying which tables you are specifically interested in will result in a broader perspective on dive planning and you may accidentally learn something beyond the limited scope of a padi DM program and their proprietary RDP guidelines.

As I wrote up the practice questions I myself wondered which dive planning table or software you intended to use. It looks the resulting discussion and the others helping were wondering the same. To check your answers it's necessary to know which tables you used. As you can see there are very varied answers.

I'm saddened you feel this is a highjack when it comes to looking for practice in dive planning.

Cameron

If you were taking the DM class from me, I would expect you to know the history that I described in my post. I hope you found it helpful.

As you may be noticing, asking for dive planning practice help without specifying which tables you are specifically interested in will result in a broader perspective on dive planning and you may accidentally learn something beyond the limited scope of a padi DM program and their proprietary RDP guidelines.

As I wrote up the practice questions I myself wondered which dive planning table or software you intended to use. It looks the resulting discussion and the others helping were wondering the same. To check your answers it's necessary to know which tables you used. As you can see there are very varied answers.

I'm saddened you feel this is a highjack when it comes to looking for practice in dive planning.

Cameron
it's not a big deal, but the topic got off track with navy tables, etc. I'm looking for direct questions and answers but it's my fault I didn't define it's PADI. It's also dive master. Navy table shouldn't come into play?

I am wrapping up my Divemaster cert in the next few weeks. Supposed to be done before Christmas.

Can anyone advise on the response I gave to the third dive question posted above, I know I got the pressure groups correct, but want to be sure/understand the total dive time aspect of the question?

A response by PM would probably be best if it would upset the OP to have info revealed before they worked out the answer themself.

-Z

it's not a big deal, but the topic got off track with navy tables, etc. I'm looking for direct questions and answers but it's my fault I didn't define it's PADI. It's also dive master. Navy table shouldn't come into play?

You can be out there working as a divemaster and have divers certified by all sorts of agencies/organizations as your client. You will come across as inept if you can't answer questions as to why the agency/organization you fall under uses different info than the one who certified your client.

Divemaster is a "professional" level certification...step up your game.

-Z

Hi @Zef

I can't help you with the questions posted above since they're in Imperial, and all my tables are metric (as you should know the two table were calculated independently so and you can't just convert imperial to metric or vis versa

This Link PADI RDP and ERDPML Q&A Will get you a PDF worksheet with the answers and they are "cunningly" similar questions to those you'll get in your final exam.

Good luck

Hi @Zef

I can't help you with the questions posted above since they're in Imperial, and all my tables are metric (as you should know the two table were calculated independently so and you can't just convert imperial to metric or vis versa

This Link PADI RDP and ERDPML Q&A Will get you a PDF worksheet with the answers and they are "cunningly" similar questions to those you'll get in your final exam.

Good luck

I used an online version of the imperial version of the RDP table since all I have is metric too, and then I checked the pressure groups using the eRPDML switched to imperial, that came in my divemaster crew pack, but because I did not come up through the PADI training continuum there are some gaps in my knowledge about how they calculate things like total dive time. I will confer with my instructor/mentor about this the next time I see him, but was hoping to get some insight here as well. I will check out the link you posted. Thanks.

-Z

Be sure you understand using the eRDPml for Multi-Level dives, too.
If you have one of them, as you should, it includes an instruction booklet with practice problems. Any practice problems in the book can also be used to practice the slate version of the tables with the same results, if the (Imperial) depths are between the 6's and the 10's. If the depths are between the 1's and 5's, then the slate will have slightly shorter NDLs and slightly higher PGs.

Last note:
I know you are focused now on just passing an exam, but remember that your true goal is to know them well enough to assist a certified or student diver that is struggling with them somewhere down the road. Be thankful you don't need to know the (now defunct) Wheel for multi-level.

but because I did not come up through the PADI training continuum there are some gaps in my knowledge about how they calculate things like total dive time.
For RDP dive planning, the dive starts when you begin your descent, and ends when you start your final ascent to the surface. In this context, any 3 minute Safety Stop is part of your ascent, and is NOT counted towards your ABT Actual Bottom Time.

For RDP dive planning, the dive starts when you begin your descent, and ends when you start your final ascent to the surface. In this context, any 3 minute Safety Stop is part of your ascent, and is NOT counted towards your ABT Actual Bottom Time.

Thanks....what about the 8-min mandatory stop at 5 meters if you go past a no-deco limit by no more than 5 min? is that counted or would that be considered a multi level dive and your ABT ends when you begin your ascent from the mandatory stop depth?

-Z

Back
Top Bottom