Practical New Gear You'd Like To See?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still waiting for my foldable snorkel which is on order.

Here are my lists:

1) Breathing device that can let you breath out the air in your BCD/drysuit as apposed to dumping the air.

2) "GPS" I use quotes because the signal would never reach below the surface. However, using accelerometers, you could have something that gets a GPS signal from the surface and then uses accelerometers underwater to track your position.

Ahem...there has been one on the market for years.

Desert Star Systems, LLC - DiveTracker Sport for Diver Navigation

It is depth rated to 1,000 ft. Take one of those high quality DAN smb's that are too big for a pocket and wrap around 10 ft of 1/4" line to it. Clip it to the beginning of the rope at the thimble part of your anchor rode (No where near the anchor itself) and attach the Dive Tracker transmitter (Turn it on too!), to the bottom of the DAN smb. Inflate the smb a little until it floats up. This should gently lift the rope off the bottom saving it from chaffing. It will also give you a nice visual marker to return to. You could also add a strobe to the smb too for even better visibility!

One of the boats I often go on has a solo diver that uses this device. He drops the transmitter over the boat rail on about a 20 foot line. He swears by it. If it was a little less $$ I'd think about getting one. I suspect someday many of the bigger boats will have some kind of transmitter.

Ankle floats. We have ankle weights. Something to aid those with heavy legs & or fins. Something that can be bought at the LDS and is real easy to put on. I know people have used home made ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom