PR Referral/Dive Locations??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Harmon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

My wife and I will be in PR from March 29 to April 13. We are scheduled for our classroom and confined water classes next week (Feb 14-18), and will be looking for a PADI referral site to do our open water certification dives. I understand that some locations in PR are considerably better than others for diving, but would like to have some input from those of you who have 'been there-done that'. We will be coming into San Juan, and will probably stay a day or two in the SJ area, but beyond that, our itinerary will be determined somewhat by the lodging we can find near a dive shop which offers referrals. We are not interested in megabuck$ 5-star resorts.

Thanks for your input,
Mike

Hi,

You can check the PADI site for shops thru which you can do your o/w dives. I work in Western PR and so am biased... with that said up front please consider coming over to western PR or perhaps southern PR. Desecheo Island is a great place for you to finish up. Also... Parguera, on the south west has some wonderful spots.

My town Rincon has a wide range of accomodations from small guest houses to larger mid sized resorts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom