PPS transmitter spool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leave a $800 reg, $600bc, etc on the boat but not the $300 transmitter??
They have different levels of durability from my point of view. Not worry about the cost. I don’t leave the computer either.

@DiveGearExpress

This is interesting, how are the plastic housing PPS gauges different? Are the spools part of the brass base or are they a different diameter than the spool that goes in the hose?

I ran across this old image of an Oceanic SPG housing I hacked opened to show the direct-dive helicoid pressure senor, which is more shock-resistant than traditional Bourdon Tubes. I would check but can't find it at the moment.

1650378336023.png

I was visiting Bob Hollis when the tooling to make these helicoids was under development. Roylin's (later 3D Instruments) patent on the mechanism had recently ran out.

Is there anyone can confirm that spool/swivel will or will not work with the PPS transmitter?

49A1EF76-AC5F-4B7C-A13D-A973D824F0EC.jpeg

Is there anyone can confirm that spool/swivel will or will not work with the PPS transmitter?

View attachment 722212
DGS says it will work just fine.
The PPS plastic gauges and the PPS transmitter are different designs. The PPS transmitter (what Shearwater calls their "legacy" transmitter) and the DGX flanged spool ARE compatible. The paragraph in the product description has been edited to make this more clear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom