PPO2 Display Calibration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HandsomeYoungPete

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The KISS Sidekick manual, revision 5 tells me to calibrate the PPO2 display on air 21%
I have always calibrated with 100% which makes a little more sense to me
Q1. What does the greater community calibrate on?
Q2. Any tricks or cool methods out there for calibration on a KISS Sidekick?

What monitor do you have? Shearwater?Calibration with 100% is standard.

Back in 2007 when i had a Kiss with the ****** dumb triple display we calibrated on air. But its better to double check on 100% as well.

What monitor do you have? Shearwater?Calibration with 100% is standard.

Back in 2007 when i had a Kiss with the ****** dumb triple display we calibrated on air. But its better to double check on 100% as well.
I have a Petrel2 which won't allow for cal on air in CC mode, never tried it, just wondering as it was in the manual.

I have a Petrel2 which won't allow for cal on air in CC mode, never tried it, just wondering as it was in the manual.
The Petrel uses 100% to calibrate. The old analog kiss triple display was not even a computer. Just an LCD display and a battery with a screw to calibrate it to 21%. Very primitive. When I discovered the Shearwater Predator back in 2010 I bought one immediately.

Check your cell mv on air and do the math for what to expect at 100%. Then calibrate on 100% and verify the mv are as expected.
Do the same for high PPO2. E.g., calculate mV for PP02 1.6, write on a piece of electric tape and put the tape on your computer. O2 flush at 20ft on ascend and note mVs. May not be precise science, but it'll allow you to detect current limiting.

Do the same for high PPO2. E.g., calculate mV for PP02 1.6, write on a piece of electric tape and put the tape on your computer. O2 flush at 20ft on ascend and note mVs. May not be precise science, but it'll allow you to detect current limiting.
You can also just do an O2 flush and check to see if all the cells read linear up to 1.6, no need for the mVs. You’ve already calibrated, so the PO2 display is matched to mV output.

The KISS Sidekick manual, revision 5 tells me to calibrate the PPO2 display on air 21%
I have always calibrated with 100% which makes a little more sense to me
Q1. What does the greater community calibrate on?
Q2. Any tricks or cool methods out there for calibration on a KISS Sidekick?
yeah, you should never calibrate a CCR on 21%. The old Meg's used 2-point calibration and would calibrate at 21% and 100%, but if you only have single point calibration you need to calibrate as close to the ppO2 that you are trying to read as possible. On CCR that means 100%.

Back
Top Bottom