Power to the Miniox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pescador775

Contributor
Reaction score
My NITROX stik is monitored by a Miniox III. The display of this oxygen analyzer stays on even when the box itself is turned off; in other words, the display reads "off" and this draws a small amount of current all the time. After a few months, it is necessary to replace the battery regardless of the actual usage time of the Miniox. I decided to try hooking up the box to wall power. I found an old cell phone charger which is rated 8.6v dc. The charger's original plug was cut off, the leads were stripped and a standard 9v battery plug was soldered to the wire leads. The plug was hooked in reverse. In other words, the red wire on the plug was hooked to the black wire on the charger, etc. This is necessary because the 9v plug is intended to be the mate to a battery and the terminals need to be reversed when connecting the Miniox plug to another plug as opposed to Miniox plug to battery. The setup has worked well so far and so I'm passing this little trick along to DIY'ers.

Back
Top Bottom