Power Inflator with Hose Connection??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got my Zeagle power inflator with hose connection. I want to change it but noticed that it has a pin, with a string attached to it. The string goes down in to the BC. I assume the string is tied to a dump valve somewhere. My question is, can I just slide the pin out, grab the string, and install it on the new inflator? Is there something I need to watch out for? What if the string falls down in the hose....is it easy to retrieve. I want to make sure I don't mess up my BC before I do this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Just push the pin out. The cable can't really go anywhere. Not all pins are the same diameter so check that before to make sure your pin will fit the new inflater.

Just got my Zeagle power inflator with hose connection. I want to change it but noticed that it has a pin, with a string attached to it. The string goes down in to the BC. I assume the string is tied to a dump valve somewhere. My question is, can I just slide the pin out, grab the string, and install it on the new inflator? Is there something I need to watch out for? What if the string falls down in the hose....is it easy to retrieve. I want to make sure I don't mess up my BC before I do this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Remove the pin from the inflator, take off the cable, reinstall the the inflator piece with the cable.

The cable will not fall into the hose - it is a set length.

You could always take the gear to your dealer and have them help you - if you are nervous about it!!!

Okay, just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything odd I needed to watch out for. I am going to wait till I finish the Oriskany dive this weekend before changing it. Don't want to cause any problems that would hinder me diving this weekend.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Remove the pin from the inflator, take off the cable, reinstall the the inflator piece with the cable.

The cable will not fall into the hose - it is a set length.

You could always take the gear to your dealer and have them help you - if you are nervous about it!!!

Back
Top Bottom