Power inflator stuck on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never personally seen anyone outside of a DM actually breathe off one during an air share and concurrently adjust buoyancy via their BC, and I wonder how many Air2 users have practiced doing so or are even aware that they would be task-loaded in such a way if they did have to breathe off the Air2.

Minimize task loading by inhaling off of the Air2 and then exhale as an oral inflate... ;-)

Actually the only think I've never been too keen on about my AirSource is that the LP hose makes it REALLY stiff to swing into yer' yap when you need it and hold there... however... XS has those nifty new hoses and that increases the flexibility of the unit fantastically...

Interestingly... a local instructor hit me with another consideration a while back... I had put one of those "fitted to your mouth" mouthpieces on my primary... the instructor asked me if I though my buddy (my wife) would find this functional if she needed my primary... after some consideration, I added an octo. Overkill? Maybe... but during a class one of the instructors did a "share air" drill with me... (demonstrating the Air2/primary exchange)... he said later that my primary kinda' threw him for a second... not only the mouthpiece... but the 'lip warmer' that Aqua-Lung put on thier 'cold water' configs...

All... things to think about before you run into a real situation... while I joke about the 'task loading' thing a bit... it is, in my opinon, a very valid consideration 'prior to'...

Interesting thread...

Back
Top Bottom