power inflator help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foneguy

Contributor
Reaction score
i have a dacor rav bcd, what the problem is that shreader valve on the inflator is a little corroded, my lds will not take to repair nor order he the new valve.
the dump valves are good and clean the thing is it was giving trouble only under pressure, is there a place i can get such a valve to replace the one i have? or a good way to clean the valve i have? :confused:

Your spare tire if it's like most. :wink: You will need a long style valve tool, not the little multipurpose X for working in the QD.

Pete

nope this one is a little larger in diameter i even tried the tire shop down the street,not even the heavy tractors are the same size...aaaaaahhhhhh:shakehead

foneguy:
nope this one is a little larger in diameter i even tried the tire shop down the street,not even the heavy tractors are the same size...aaaaaahhhhhh:shakehead

There always has to be one in the crowd.

Did you know that the common schrader valve is the modern auto component that goes back farthest in automotive history. I learned that on CarTalk and I wanted to share that with everyone.

I had always heard it was the same valve as in just about any bicycle tire. Have you checked your local bike shop? I can't imagine that Dacor or any other BCD maker had these specially made. Of course, you could probably just put a new inflator assembly on the hose. Check with Trident. In fact, check with Trident for the valve.

If it's the same one that Zeagle uses, it a valve for LARGE earth moving equipment, think quarry size- you know the ones with 8-10 ft tires. If you have an industrial tire shop close by, they most likely have one. You could also order a Zeagle inflator repair kit....around $5 from Scubatoys and use the one in it, it unscrews just like a car tire valve. Other wise a good soak in vinegar and a spray with silicon lube will most likely cure the problem.
You might also try giving these guys a call, looks like they carry the valves. http://www.northeastscubasupply.com/bc_stuff/inflators_hoses.html

There are several different sizes of schrader valves that have been used in scuba equipment over the years. If you are having problems with yours and finding a replacement is an issue, you can replace the entire inflator for $30-$40. Installation is pretty simple.

Jackie

thank you...i emaied both to find the litle part

the valve is a European size, thus the PITA factor, your local dealer sucks BTW, the valve is easy to get from Mares.

Scubatoys is correct, just replace the whole unit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom