power inflator help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think that is what i am going to do, the jacket is good, the bladder does not leak, so if i may ask 1 more thing, when you refer to the unit, are you refering to the entire thing that screws to the bcd or the part that hs the actual buttons? if it is the later, is that easy to replace?
i do not want to cause a catrastophie for myself?!

foneguy:
i think that is what i am going to do, the jacket is good, the bladder does not leak, so if i may ask 1 more thing, when you refer to the unit, are you refering to the entire thing that screws to the bcd or the part that hs the actual buttons? if it is the later, is that easy to replace?
i do not want to cause a catrastophie for myself?!

Just the part with the buttons. You will keep your corrugated hose and connection at the BC. Just cut the zip tie off the hose at the "button end" and remove the pull dump wire (or string) and replace in the opposite order.

Or... Make your life easy. For about 5 bucks, you can just send us the whole hose, we'll sell you an end for 25 bucks, replace it for you, test it, and about 5 bucks shipping back to you.

Your call! Just let us know!

looked at this project, looks simple, ill call mon am to order the inflator, thanks guys at scubatoys foneguy scott

Dacor is gone anyway but in this case, the real problem seems to be your LDS that could have solved you problem as easily (probably not as affordably) as Scubatoys.

awap:
Dacor is gone anyway but in this case, the real problem seems to be your LDS that could have solved you problem as easily (probably not as affordably) as Scubatoys.

where did they go?

cerich:
where did they go?

I thought Mares bought them up and discontinued support for past production gear. I thought they were now only marketing some low end stuff under the DACOR brand name.

This unit was made by Mares and is fully supported.
They still make and sell gear under the Dacor plate, that is quite different then gone away.

What really stinks is a LDS couldn't be bothered to get a less than $2 part and solve this guys problem.

well ill tell you this, my lds does support aqualund and i will most likely get a pro qd bcd......there for they will sorta fix the problem but it will cost 500 times more than what i want to spend.....:light:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom