power inflator help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foneguy:
well ill tell you this, my lds does support aqualund and i will most likely get a pro qd bcd......there for they will sorta fix the problem but it will cost 500 times more than what i want to spend.....:light:

It would seem that you need a new LDS more than you need a new BC.

i finally recieved the part number!!!!!!!!!now to find a shop who will order it for me.

foneguy:
i finally recieved the part number!!!!!!!!!now to find a shop who will order it for me.

Scubatoys, Divers Supply are two that are Mares dealers and advertidse here on SB:D

foneguy,

If your LDS won't order a $2 part for you WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. It sounds to me like they won't get you the part because they WANT to sell you the new BC.

I have purchased from both of my area LDS's AND from Scubatoys. As for customer service my primary LDS even fixed my buddy's leaking discontinued reg FOR FREE, and I have called Scubatoys with questions multiple times and have ALWAYS got someone who was knowledgible and willing to help.

If I was you I would either find a new LDS or buy from Larry at Scubatoys. I can tell you from personal experience that Scubatoys is knowledgable, easy to work with, and you would save more than enough to cover shipping something with a problem back and forth to them multiple times (although I doubt you would need to!)

Flatliner
aka Robert

ill defend them a little, they are not " pushing " the sale of the bcd, on the other hand they are not too elated to order a crummy part w/o the whole dACOR is a pain to get parts story either, infact i did buy 2 alum. 80's and my legened regs , but yea the whole 2$ f@#$%^& part this is very aggrivating. I did talk to joe at scuba toys and he is ordering the valve, and o ring for the rav....:) ..i plan on getting a new bcd and my lds is that ....local...so in that matter im stuck unless i want to drive n hour @ $2.30/gal . I want all of you folks that responded that i GREATLY appreciate all of your responces and help....scott....aka the foneguy

The lp schrader valve in my dacor bcd was very corroded when I bought said BCD from LDS. Removed it with a core removal tool, (about 99p from a local car parts store) and cleaned it up in vinegar for a few minutes. Worked fine but a little worn.

The original LDS where I bought the bcd would not order the valve, thanks guys..quoting you guessed it safety issues! I got a stern look on explaining that I had already serviced the old valve and it was hardly mechanically taxing to do so. Since closed down.. My other LDS ordered me two valves for less than one UK pound and gave them to me for free in the end. Spot on service, a sincere thanks due!

If you do need parts like these try the distributors, also just try a few different dive stores, mine are really nice even though I have hardly ever ever spent any money in there, always up for a chat. Total cost of fixing lp inflator = NOTHING. If it is just a schrader that needs changing and a bit of cleaning up of the fitting it should take you all of 10 minutes and cost you less than 2 dollars.

If any body is really desperate for one these pm me and I will mail you one!

even joe at scuba toys was surprised at the odd size of this valve but they ordered the part, i installed/ rplcd the part hit the pool and viola back to safe diiving..thaks scuba toys great job...........

Hoyden:
There are several different sizes of schrader valves that have been used in scuba equipment over the years. If you are having problems with yours and finding a replacement is an issue, you can replace the entire inflator for $30-$40. Installation is pretty simple.

Jackie

I saw someone on ebay selling about 10 of them, brand new, for about $40 a piece. Are the hoses fairly standard in size so you can adapt them to most BC, or do you have a few odd ball diameters??

fisherdvm:
I saw someone on ebay selling about 10 of them, brand new, for about $40 a piece. Are the hoses fairly standard in size so you can adapt them to most BC, or do you have a few odd ball diameters??

Well actually, there are several different size hoses as well. Mainly 2 different ones... you would find a dacor, mares, oceanic, aeris being smaller diameter than say a zeagle. The best thing is take it in, (or ship it to us) and get it replaced with the proper one.

so I have a Dacor Rav BCD with a corroded schrader valve. I removed the valve and it looks different from anyone I've seen before (AC systems and inner tubes) does anyone recall the part number for the Dacor Rav?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom