Pounds of lift ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ozwald

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here's my question.

If you were a 180 lb guy who dives a BP/wing with twin oms 98's or twin A80's, rarely a stage bottle and in a drysuit 85% of the time with what size wing would you use and what style....donut or horseshoe?

I'm having a little buoyancy issue diving the above with a 60lb donut Halcyon wing and I believe that my wing is overkill causing me to use too much air as well as getting an uneven taco effect with errant bubbles.

Thanks in advance.

Halcyon Evolve 40 lbs (donut)

And if you are interested in selling the 60 lb Evolve... :D

Well....can you tell me why you say 40 LB ?

Actually i will sell it to you if you are interested. But, I need to get it back first !! As I am typing this I am waiting for my connecting flight to Winnipeg in Toronto. I flew back from Orlando today, i was doing some cavern stuff in High Springs, anyhow when I got to Toronto guess what...one bag missing. The one with the wing in it as well as a Halcyon BP and a new ScubaPro X-Tek comfort harness. Not to forget my Fusion Bullet and some misc dirty laundry. It should show up at some point. Are you interested in the 60 lb?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom