Potential inflator compatibility problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DA Aquamaster

Directional Toast
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
An FYI...

A friend of mine who owns a Fusion and a generic looking Halcyon, OMS, Trident, etc unbalanced inflator with a side mounted inflation button noted an issue with it.

When reaching across with her right hand to manually adjust/dump the left arm mounted dump valve, she noted the inflator became caught between her left arm and the zipper causing the inflation button to be depressed and inflate the wing. This could be bad at depth.

It is not a problem with any inflator with top mounted buttons (Scubapro, etc) and is only a problem if the corrogated hose length leaves the inflator in a location where it could be trapped between the arm and zipper.

Larry

Hmm. I have one of the generic inflators, and that hasn't happened to me. Maybe it requires a very specific combination of proportions.

My first thought on this was Huh? But that was based on my 1 experience in a White's with my Zeagle inflater. Since I just bought a Halcyon (by the way a big thank you to DA Aquamaster for answering my PM, that info helped-out a lot) I went and looked at its inflater. Based on the way the mouthpiece is angled, leaving the inflate button sticking that far out. Coupled with the short 13" corrugated hose, I could see how, with the right body size, that would put the inflater in just the right spot to be pinched there and inflate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom