Posting rules & how do you monitor it all?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Noticed recently that a thread I responded to was gone the next day. Then I got to thinking that this had happened before and both times the initial message posted was a self advertisement for an online scuba gear store. Makes sense to get rid of these, especially since neither of the "stores" seemed very trustworthy. The last one had the nerve to say he created the store to cut costs and serve the customer, but also had a NO satisfaction guaranteed policy. What a joke!

Anyway, I digress. Back to the original question. Besides the obvious netiquette rules, any other rules for SB? And how do you monitor it all? I know there are a lot of mods, but there are a lot more messages posted. The last self promotion message I responded to was a joke, but I figured anyone who read it would figure it out as well. Like I said, it was gone the next day. Impressive. It would have been interesting to see more responses to this.

Divaholics:
Besides the obvious netiquette rules, any other rules for SB?
Well, the rules are pretty basic.
A general outline for SB rules can be found by reviewing the Terms of Service to which you agreed when you registered.

The FAQ may answer some of your questions as well.

As for netiquet, see This thread :D
Divaholics:
And how do you monitor it all? I know there are a lot of mods, but there are a lot more messages posted.
We can't. So at the bottom left of each post is a "Report" button for folks like you to use if you stumble across an offensive or Spamming post :wink: It sends an email to all of the mods.

Thanks for the links. I'm not offended by much, but I'll keep an eye out for the spams.

Back
Top Bottom