Posting double

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyKSue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Every picture I upload to my gallery gets doubled and I have to go in and delete one. Just so, ya know.
Also, question-If I want to post a picture on a thread but not have it in my gallery , is that what you call posting thumbnails? and how does one going about doing that?

To post attachments you need to use the full posting mode (click advanced if it is a reply or new thread for a new message) and use the "manage attachments" button to upload photos.

As for the duplicates, it sounds like an issue with the post-processing script, I haven't seen any other users with the same bug but I will take a closer look. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Tech Admin:
As for the duplicates, it sounds like an issue with the post-processing script, I haven't seen any other users with the same bug but I will take a closer look. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I have actually had this exact same problem, Tech Admin, but did not bring it to your attention... sorry!

Tech Admin:
To post attachments you need to use the full posting mode (click advanced if it is a reply or new thread for a new message) and use the "manage attachments" button to upload photos.

Ok- I don't know what you mean by a "full posting" or clicking "advanced " I don't see those options at all.
I'm trying to reply to a current thread-I've gone to "manage attachments" and clicled on "browse", found the photo I wanted, clicked upload, waited till it uploaded- but, where did it upload too? I then closed that window which took me back to the screen to reply , but no photo was there.
What am I missing here?

I think I figured it out. I have to click, submit, for the photos to show up on the thread. I was just clicking on preview post and they don't come up. Not until you actually "submit the reply"

Just uploaded a video of me over the Spiegel Grove, and it duplicated itself as well. I'll leave it their and let you have a look at it if that will help figure out the bug.

You can delete the duplicate if you don't need it to trouble shoot the problem.

I had the same problem and deleted all the extras (got three of some...).

Now I have -1 picture in my gallery :06:

pt40fathoms:
Just uploaded a video of me over the Spiegel Grove, and it duplicated itself as well. I'll leave it their and let you have a look at it if that will help figure out the bug.

You can delete the duplicate if you don't need it to trouble shoot the problem.

Grajan:
I had the same problem and deleted all the extras (got three of some...).

Now I have -1 picture in my gallery :06:
I tried to load some last night - some loaded twice, some wouldnt load. I guess I need to clean house...?

The image gallery was setup to let you select multiple categories per photo. In the event you selected two categories, the image would be posted twice, three categories would be three times and so froth. I have disabled this feature and it should no longer be an issue.

Thanks,
Any chance of fixing my Photo count when you get a moment? Its not a big deal but it reads -2 now...

Tech Admin:
The image gallery was setup to let you select multiple categories per photo. In the event you selected two categories, the image would be posted twice, three categories would be three times and so froth. I have disabled this feature and it should no longer be an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom