Poster or oversize size printing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

es601:
Almost ordered someone elses print at image kind. I thought the site was a bit complex. I need to spend a little time there rather than just wiz through but looks interesting. On my way to costco but was hoping for a quicker turn around. Does ritz do 16x20 in an hour??
http://www.ritzpix.com/net/Default.aspx
upload some pics there and play around with it
I assumed all the sizes were the same turnaround. my 8x10's and 8x12's were ready in about an hour. along with a bunch of 5x7's and 4x6's

Too bad we don't have a Ritz locally.

Closest one's two hours away.

Another vote for MPIX. 3 reasons.

They do an amazing job on packaging it for shipping. They don't roll it up in tube. I hate it when others do that. They ship the next day. They offer Kodak "metalic" paper. On the right photo, it turns a mediocre pic into something special. I use it on black and whites for higher contrast and when I want colors to pop. Not recommended for portraits.

How are MPIX's prices compared to other comparable services?

justin-branam:
i will tell you that out of all the poster prints i have had printed, Costco is at the top of my list. They use Fugi Crystal Archive paper (considered the best by most), and the turnaround time is pretty quick. Did i mention that for a 16x20 or 20x30 inch print its only $9.99! they also print up in-store 8x10, 8x12 and 10x15 inch prints for $1.49, $1.49 and $2.49 accordingly. You can also gat any of the prints in luster finish for no extra cost.

The largest I've printed from COSTCO is 12X18. It looks great. I can't get the larger prints without doing it online, which means JPEG.

OK Everytime I attempt to get a 16X20 I get a message that the resolution is too low. I open the photo with adobe photo business program and under photo size it always lists res as 72 pixels. I tried changing to 1000 pixels and it takes my computer like 15 minutes to convert. (a rather fast computer otherwise) I tried changing camera settings and taking test shots but it always comes up 72 pixels? Help PLEASE!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom