Post your best diving tips!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

remember which end the bubbles are suppose to be coming from and if you see someone that you are unable to decide whether they are coming or going because of where the bubbles are coming from, you may want to fall back a little until you can decipher their situation.

I've been thinking about modifying one of those tool haulers you can get at Home Depot by cutting two spaces out of the lid to fit the tanks upright. It would hold as much or more than the dive box and still fit the tanks for about a third the cost. I love tinkering like this ... I have a tool hauler that I never use; if anyone lives in Yorba Linda and would be willing to pay the $50 that the box costs, I'll give it a try...

Walter:
Vinegar/alcohol is even better.

Always carry a small light and a buddy line.

A couple of drops of Glycerin in that solution will keep it from over-drying your ears (available at the local drug store near the hand creams)

MyDiveLog:
I've been thinking about modifying one of those tool haulers you can get at Home Depot by cutting two spaces out of the lid to fit the tanks upright. It would hold as much or more than the dive box and still fit the tanks for about a third the cost. I love tinkering like this ... I have a tool hauler that I never use; if anyone lives in Yorba Linda and would be willing to pay the $50 that the box costs, I'll give it a try...

can you send me a link of a picture?

Tip, uh...

limit the people who dive off your boat to people who want to be able to pull themselves back on.

Always dive with people who are better divers than you from time to time, even if you must make it happen.

Have two wetsuits, you'll always have a dry one for the second dive and you they will last twice as long.

Aquanaut4ata:
A couple of drops of Glycerin in that solution will keep it from over-drying your ears (available at the local drug store near the hand creams)
What we used for earwash on the Tektite saturation project back in 1969 was equal parts of 15% Tannic Acid (15 gm. diluted to 100 ml), 15% Acetic Acid (15 ml diluted to 100 ml) and ethanol (50 ml diluted to 100 ml) in a wash bottle. Mineral oil in the ears before the dive and Tektite solution after. I've done this since '69 and never had any problems with my external auditory meatus. If you leave the wash bottle on the dash of your car, it feels so good after the dive.

I always try to apply a modified version of Newton's Law to diving. For each descent, there should be an equal and opposite ascent.

Also, always finish your dive with at least one full breath in your tank.

wait a minute...what if you drop like a rock and spend a lot of bottom time?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom