post pics of how you secure your can light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CompuDude:
Ken, I just got me a Salvo 21 too. :D Do you worry at all about shortening the bulb life with frequent on/off cycles? Or do you keep it on at least a few minutes, and keep it off 5 min or so every time you cycle it? I was under the impression that frequent on/off cycles are pretty tough on HIDs.

compudude,
Congrads on the new light, sorry I missed you on Sat when you picked it up.
Hope everything was to your satisfaction.

Milo

Is it a faux pas to have your dive buddy turn on your light if you can't reach the switch?

I have no idea what the answer to this is, and I've wondered about it, too, because I've ended up where I couldn't reach my own switch. But I figured it was kind of like valves -- If you carry it around routinely, you should be able to manage it by yourself. So I figured out how to arrange things so I can.

CompuDude:
Ken, I just got me a Salvo 21 too. :D Do you worry at all about shortening the bulb life with frequent on/off cycles? Or do you keep it on at least a few minutes, and keep it off 5 min or so every time you cycle it? I was under the impression that frequent on/off cycles are pretty tough on HIDs.

Congrats on the light! I got at 21W a few months back and love it. Now please call Robyn and make her go out on a night dive this week!

I actually skip the triglide but don't lock the canister all the way back there.

Without gloves I can reach the switch, with glove I need to tilt the can about 10-15 degrees forward to access the switch. I guess that would be "floppy" but I don't notice it diving one bit.

TSandM:
I have no idea what the answer to this is, and I've wondered about it, too, because I've ended up where I couldn't reach my own switch. But I figured it was kind of like valves -- If you carry it around routinely, you should be able to manage it by yourself. So I figured out how to arrange things so I can.

Not ideal, I'd say but definitely better than continuing with the light off :)
That's what the team is for right, to cover up for (the royal) your mistakes/goofs!

CompuDude:

I never hot strike. That would be bad...

LX is right on there. The team covers a lot of this.

Ken

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom