Post-pandemic comeback? Not yet! The dive industry is still crashing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From my recent experience with trying to inquire about diving in the Caribbean, many dive operations, especially the smaller ones or ones in areas where scuba is not a primary attraction, are still suffering from the effects of the pandemic shut down. Either their website is not up to date or defunct, their Facebook or Instagram sparsely populated with fresh posts, or there is no response to inquiries via email, messenger, or WhatsApp. Some operations have moved and changed names. Sometimes I complain to my wife that it’s like a third world country and then she points out that it is.

Such a deal! Cocos taxes/fees are:

Park fee - $490 US plus 13% govt tax
Emergency Evacuation Plan Fee - $30 US
How many people made it to Cocos every yr as compare with Thailand.

The proposed tourist tax(US$9.00 pp) will generate minimum of US$100m.

I paid US$100.00 for just a tourist visa to Vietnam 30yrs ago.
Tourist will pay because we are sucker!!

If the airlines dont give me space, its going to sway my decision greatly.
Last week I booked a flight to Cancun for cave diving diving in early December. Business class from O’Hare. At least a quarter of the seats on the entire plane were already booked, ten months ahead. That surprised me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom