Post Fundies Dive; Monastery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I finally got a chance to go diving after fundies. We arrived at Mcabee and saw how calm and flat it was, so we decided to head over to Monastery.

When we arrived it was just beautiful and so serene. We called three other friends and they arrived to give us a party of five.

Diving a single 100hp after having dove those doubles, FELT SO FREAKIN AWESOME, I THOUGHT I WAS NAKED!!!

I do however miss the bottom time the doubles gives you. :D

Our party was no stranger to Monastery except for one diver, so we took her by the hand and made her experience really fun.

Viz was the worse I've seen at this beach, but you know what, THE DIVE WAS SO MUCH FUN BECAUSE I JUST LOVE DIVING!!! :wink:

Here are a couple of pics the team took of us, enjoy...

r2n5gx.jpg

afexax.jpg

iz6nat.jpg

vy5hn8.jpg

Wow, that was really flat water!

I enjoy all my single tank diving, for the ease of it, although I love the way doubles work IN the water. But I will never dive doubles at Monastery again -- you don't have to teach me twice!

(But isn't the real fun of a post-class dive the knowledge that there are no blue hands of death in the water with you?)

Wow, that was really flat water!

I enjoy all my single tank diving, for the ease of it, although I love the way doubles work IN the water. But I will never dive doubles at Monastery again -- you don't have to teach me twice!

(But isn't the real fun of a post-class dive the knowledge that there are no blue hands of death in the water with you?)

LOL,

Lynne you really made me laugh on that quote, the only one wearing blue gloves that day was me, and I will certainly tell you I wasn't filming anyone!!!

I have heard of divers that will dive doubles at Monastery, but I will not ever want to, my feet sink in really, really, really deep into the large pebbles.

This makes it next to impossible to get a good firm grip on the surface, I'm prone to falling very easy in a single, I wouldn't want to try that on a set of doubles, I know I would fall and hurt mysefl really bad.

You are so right about it looking so beautiful when we went in, but this is how it looked when we got out.

We were so lucky...:D
kapg0z.jpg

JUST JOKING.... :eyebrow:

Nice! Vis looks to be at least 15 feet right? Sounds like a good day of diving to me. I never dive my HP100 singles anymore, in fact I can not remember the last time they got used. Maybe when I loaned them out? Heheh. All I dive is HP130's for singles. We can get a nice bottom time and still return with plenty of gas leftover. In fact Erik dove his single HP130's for the first time in awhile last weekend with me on the North Coast. The weight difference is minimal. It has been a long time since I dove around the Monastery area. I just wish there was a closer launch ramp.

Nice! I didn't know you knew Yuko! Tell her I said hi next time, and we should definitely all go diving sometime. :)

Nice! I didn't know you knew Yuko! Tell her I said hi next time, and we should definitely all go diving sometime. :)

I must know a half dozen people on the boards that I have not met in person, but suddenly when I go to Break Water, there are many divers that approach me and ask, are you the Mike Guerrero from Scubaboard... :D

Yes, that is me hard to hide that fat face of mine with the big grin, I just love people and diving so I cannot escape the world of fame, yeah right me famous, maybe one day when I photograph the landlord and send it to Peter.. Maybe then he will want my autograph... :rofl3:

Brian, I'm diving again Sat hope to see you around, we are looking at Break Water....

MG

maybe one day when I photograph the landlord and send it to Peter.. Maybe then he will want my autograph... :rofl3:

I'm diving again Sat hope to see you around, we are looking at Break Water....

MG
Thanks for the warning. Not to self avoid the Breakwater! :D

Nah just kidding Mike, not sure how we have never met in person. Oh wait maybe I do, you don't dive in my neck of the woods do you? I really do not dive Monterey much, and Breakwater only for night dives, so the chances of seeing me there during the day, is only when launching the boat. Plus this entire summer was blown for diving and just these past few weekends have I been able to get back in the water.

Hey Peter,

Maybe Kathy will do a small GUE get together on either end so we can dive together, she is great at coordinating events... :)

Hey Mike,

Great to hear you had a fun post fundies dive! I just remember how much easier diving was after all that training - even in doubles ;-)!

Hey Peter,

Maybe Kathy will do a small GUE get together on either end so we can dive together, she is great at coordinating events... :)

Thanks Mike :)!

Soon enough Ben V and I will probably start working on that long promised long hose M&G BBQ day :wink:. Pretty busy with the other event now so not quite ready...

Hope to see many of you there! Stay tuned...

I must know a half dozen people on the boards that I have not met in person, but suddenly when I go to Break Water, there are many divers that approach me and ask, are you the Mike Guerrero [-]from Scubaboard[/-] with the elevator lever bc?... :D

MG

Hey mike I fixed the quote for you :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom