Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone been here lately?
Scuba Point Dive Shop has a lot of rentals.
We were thinking of going in the next couple of weeks.

Years past it was a great lake for diving,,,,now....well its a place to get wet and work on nav. skills.

Scuba Point is a great dive store, with helpful employees, lots of equipment to rent, and "Goldfinger", the world's largest air compressor certified for SCUBA. When they kick it off, you can hear it underwater, or so they tell me. When I asked, the store personnel told me that it was expensive to run, so they didn't do it often or for entertainment value. I liked the inventory, environs and employees of Scuba Point very much.

However, the diving area itself can be frightening for newly-certified divers, which my roommate and I were at the time. Vis was terrible, the terrain dropped off unexpectedly, and there seemed to be a lot of pipes, cables, and rusted-out items that probably used to be attractions.

I hear that there are still good dives in Possum Kingdom Lake if you have access to a boat, which I don't. Now that the reactor is heating up the water there, and if you're like me and don't have a boat, I recommend spending the extra time in the car and going to CSSP, Lake Travis, or one of the other cleaner, clearer dive locations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom