Possibles kit contents (sorry if repost, but I can't find anything on the subject)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sinbad the Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Putting together my possibles kit (not sure what to call it, that's the term we used in black powder hunting for the bag of stuff you carried along that you might possibly need to prevent the hunt from ending due to a broken part). Got some tips from my OW instructor, interested in other's recomendations. I have a wrist computer, BC, wetsuit, mask, fins, snorkle (renting tanks and regulator).

spare mask strap
spare fin straps
zip ties
tool kit with snips
spare mouth pieces
spare compass
computer battery
O-rings (if I'm renting tanks is this necesary)

Then the stuff to take down:
compass
signal tube
whistle
knife

Anything else I might want to have around?

We call them "Save-a-Dive" kits. In mine:

- Spare straps for mask and fins
- O-rings
- Leatherman tool
- Waterproof bandaids
- Spare contact lenses
- Hair bands (for girlfriend)
- Chapstick
- Sunscreen
- Alcohol wipes
- Tweezers
- Double D Snap Bolt
- DAN ID Cards
- Spare Mouth Piece

Regards,
Dave (aka "Squirt")

first aid kit
O2 kit
spare mask
suitrepair kit/glue
zipwax aka candlestick

I use nail clippers to cut zip-ties. The rounded edge of the nail clippers takes off that harsh edge of the zip-tie that always seems to scratch me!

So those are in my SADD kit too.

The only things not mentioned in my kit:

Dramamine
Bic lighter (great for those stitches that go off on their own)

Dane

I also carry a wipe to ease stings from jellyfish, etc...

A Visa card.

Kind of a joke but, I travel a lot and carry an extra Visa card as a back up. It's gotten me out of a few situations.

I carry O-rings and misc as others have said. When I go to the Carribean I take an extra complete reg set also.

the extra visa card is a nice touch...but with a non-diving wife sitting back at the hotel pool on most trips, got that covered...though that could be more dangerous than having one with me :D

thanks again everyone, as I suspected, a few things I wouldn't have thought of until it was too late.

I carry Allen wrenches and an o-ring pick, as well as the spare o-rings. It's a simple matter to replace an o-ring, for example where your hose meets your second stage, if you have the right tools. The Allen wrenches are for the times when I've forgotten to put my drysuit hose back on after I come back from a tropical trip, and for the times when I've forgotten to put the DIN/Yoke adapter piece back in the tanks.

If you're going somewhere very remote, carrying a spare LP and HP hose can save a trip. I had an HP hose fail on me on a trip (luckily, it was to LA, where I could have replaced it, but it taught me a lesson).

I carry a few small boltsnaps with me, too. They've come in handy when people have lost or broken clips to hold lights or other small items.

A small Flashlight is helpful. I keep a second BC light so that it serves two purposes.

When I shore dive, especially on some of the local quarries, I like to have a Tire fill adapter. It connects to your Low Pressure Inflator hose in case you get a flat.

Silicone Snorkel Keepers come in handy. You can use them for your snorkel, as an Octo/ Guage Keeper, or attach anything to your BC.

Inovative Scuba makes a really nice tool called the "T-2 Tool" It has nearly all of the common tools (Wrenches, Hex- Keys, Brass Pick, etc). I still carry a few extra Hex-keys and a Razor Knife.
Innovative Scuba Concepts : Worldwide Distributor of Fine Diving Accessories...

If you carry a slate, an exta pencil won't take up much room.

I think everything else was covered

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom