Possible to convert to self donning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Greaves

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is it possible to add the zipped in the front of a drysuit to make it a self donning suit?

It looks like there is enough room there to add the zipper in the front without interfearing with the rear entry zipper.. Anyone know if this is true?

I believe there was someone around Dallas; I believe this lady works with all kind of neoprene suits. She can do all modification as per your request.
I know my instructor got custom made caps made out for him with funny characters on them.

There may be enough room for the zipper but is there enough suit so you will be able to put it on? Front zippered suits have a longer torso so you can pull it over your head from the back. Back zippered suits are pulled over your head from the front. Since we can bend forward, the back zippered suits do not require the extra length in the torso.

Back
Top Bottom