possible relocation to Texas.. need a dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hummm, this is sounding more like I need to run back to San Diego for my diving needs... just gonna have to make sure I dive on Sat so I can fly back on Sunday.

Was just on the web checking out the airfare to Coz... gulp, geezz... for being so close it sure is a chunk of change to run there.... kinda the same with running to Belize as well.. no wonder there are more cowboys then divers in Texas..

What about one of those 4 days cruises?? might be just as cheap..

Hummm, this is sounding more like I need to run back to San Diego for my diving needs... just gonna have to make sure I dive on Sat so I can fly back on Sunday.

Was just on the web checking out the airfare to Coz... gulp, geezz... for being so close it sure is a chunk of change to run there.... kinda the same with running to Belize as well.. no wonder there are more cowboys then divers in Texas..

What about one of those 4 days cruises?? might be just as cheap..

Belize can be cheap from here. It was just 230.00 RT. from Houston last week. (off season and weekend rates)

The cruises are also very cheap. I have been on all of the ships that leave out of Galveston. You can hop on a 4 night for $500.00 and that will include all your food of course.
We are hoping for a place called Mammoth Park to open. I thought it was supposed to open in Aug. but, I haven't heard a thing for a while. It's only 90 minutes or so from parts of Houston. Like everyone said..Houston is a big place. Fourth largest city in the U. S.
Let us know where you end up settling. I'm in the Southeast corner.

Belize can be cheap from here. It was just 230.00 RT. from Houston last week. (off season and weekend rates)

The cruises are also very cheap. I have been on all of the ships that leave out of Galveston. You can hop on a 4 night for $500.00 and that will include all your food of course.
We are hoping for a place called Mammoth Park to open. I thought it was supposed to open in Aug. but, I haven't heard a thing for a while. It's only 90 minutes or so from parts of Houston. Like everyone said..Houston is a big place. Fourth largest city in the U. S.
Let us know where you end up settling. I'm in the Southeast corner.

Hi Natasha..are you going to the B.A.D. flea market this sat....I will be there hope to see you there...

Ann

Hi Natasha..are you going to the B.A.D. flea market this sat....I will be there hope to see you there...

Ann

Hi Ann!
No, I work 9 to 7 every Saturday. It's a busy day for us. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon though. Do you have any info on this Mammoth Park?

We have been hoping Mammoth Lake would be openby now, but we are waiting on the lake owner(not shop owner) to build entry points. So right now it looks like Mammoth Lake will not be open to the public until spring. The pump has been turned back on and then they have also been pumping out of another sand pit across the street so the water is coming up quick again. Water is coming up about 2" a day. Right now there are very few thing still above water.

We also have the sparger(sp) system that is to circulate the water and cut down on growth of algae. So we are starting to plan were this needs to be placed. I hope that we get in it before the water gets too cold.

Most everything is underwater so the photos haven't changed much lately.

Hydrosports Scuba Pictures :: Hydrosports Scuba at Mammoth Lake

The missle photo on the 4th row of the missles are now underwater. The water is up to the arm pits of the gorilla and close to over the body of the sub.

Hi Natasha.... is that you from CruiseCritics as well???

Not sure of the where abouts in Houston as of yet, it may be about 2-3 weeks till I hear for sure... but when I do get there... *I am definitely going to be looking for dive buddies..

Hi Ann!
No, I work 9 to 7 every Saturday. It's a busy day for us. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon though. Do you have any info on this Mammoth Park?

No more than what I have heard here....do you know if that "new" dive show that is suppose to be happening in Houston in Jan is still on?? Haven't heard anymore about it...

Hi Natasha.... is that you from CruiseCritics as well???

Not sure of the where abouts in Houston as of yet, it may be about 2-3 weeks till I hear for sure... but when I do get there... *I am definitely going to be looking for dive buddies..

Yep, that's me. Have I seen you over there? Or have you seen me? Ha!:eyebrow:

Yep, that's me. Have I seen you over there? Or have you seen me? Ha!:eyebrow:

Yup, I have seen you over there a number of times.... I dont think that we have actually ever really spoken, as I dont spend allot of time over there anymore.... but for some reason, your name just stuck with me.

My name over there is the same as here except it has a 2 at the end.

Back
Top Bottom