possible mild DCS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree that it's not particularly good practice for your instructor to be diving a computer when you don't have any gauges. It's not particularly good practice for you to dive without gauges, period.

I don't see any way that you could have presented with your symptoms before you had them, and once you had them, it was pretty clear that it wasn't DCS. With no high fever, no serious systemic symptoms, and just a rash and some pain, it's not unreasonable to wait for a scheduled physician's appointment. Not everything under the sun needs immediately evaluation.

Diving without a watch? Walmart, 24/7 - $20 up for one good for deeper than you'll ever go.

Wreck dive without gloves. Bet you don't do that again. Never wear them on coral reefs, but good for cold water and essential for wrecks. These would work probly Bare Velocity 2mm Tropic Five Finger Glove or they have several dozen others. These are on sale Blue Reef 3MM Mens Glove with Velcro Band and I think I have a pair in yellow, that I cut the velcro straps off as redundant if they're the same model.

So how old are you anyway? Have you been diagnosed with psoriasis before? I get rashes but I've had psoriasis outbreaks off and on all my life. I do have a small fear of infections from water born pathogens and my general rule is if a cut looks worse in the morning, go to ER - you don't have time for an appointment. However, your problems don't sound like those and since TSandM isn't concerned, you don't need to be.

Diving school was reputable, instructor was very safety-conscious. According to the RDP tables, we blew through decomp for a couple minutes on day 4 and day 5, but instructor had a dive computer which said we were safely within parameters.

Going to have to disagree with you there.

Breaking your tables and trusting to another divers computer is not exactly being safety conscious,doing it on a course is ridiculous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom