Possibily moving to Colorado from California...HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with both Scuba Joe (super nice people, good recreational dive shop) and Flatirons scuba (technical diving, really competent staff). I would heartily recommend both.

rookers:
I dive with both Scuba Joe (super nice people, good recreational dive shop) and Flatirons scuba (technical diving, really competent staff). I would hertily recommend both.

Good to know. I've applied for Rob's GUE Fundmentals class in March.

Colorado is chock full of outdoor lovers and we always rank in the top three of states in per capita of divers!I'm further south in Colorado (Colorado Springs), so to get my diving fix in I go down to Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM or I dive in the Denver Downtown Aquarium (formerly called Oceans Journey) as a volunteer diver. I feed the sharks and fish and clean the glass. We have volunteers that drive down from Boulder, about the same distance I have to drive. The aquarium has over a million gallons of water, and the fish are not shy of us divers at all. I love interacting underwater with the sharks!You can fly to Cozumel in the morning and be diving that afternoon! Also, the Sea of Cortez is about a twenty hour drive, which is full of seals, nudibranches and other invertebrates!The Rocky Mountains are spectacular and there is tons of cool stuff to do outdoors!

JesseJean,
I think enough has been said about the difference between the two states and diving.
If you move here come see us at Alpine Scuba in Fort Collins, CO. We are a small shop but have a good time. Planning trips to Bonne Terre Mine in early Spring and Great Lakes Wreck dives later this year.

Thanks guys! I just got back to Cali...not the waiting game to see if i got the job out there. it was cold out there, but the company took me on a tour of Boudler and I loved it. Very active, very positive, very healthy.

Haines777 - I would love to dive the aquarium!!!!! what are the qualifications?

Ocean one - I would love to dive the great lakes...I'll come see youg uys if i end up out there. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom