Positive news from PST

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted already...

Press Release
February 2, 2005
PST-Scuba Announces Facility Relocation, Improved Product Availability

PST-Scuba, a division of Pressed Steel Tank Company, has announced the company will relocate their Milwaukee, Wisconsin manufacturing facility during the second quarter of 2005. The relocation, plus investment in new equipment, is intended to improve availability of the company’s highly demanded E-Series™ steel diving cylinders.

Global shortages of steel and higher than anticipated market demand caused PST-Scuba to fall short in meeting customer requirements last year. Looking ahead, significant investment in raw material supplies and better production planning will also contribute towards greater product availability for the 2005 diving season and beyond.

Unrelated to PST-Scuba’s diving cylinder product line, Pressed Steel Tank Company phased out production of all obsolete products over the past year, such as compressed natural gas cylinders. The exit of dated product lines positioned the company for their facility relocation, allowing PST-Scuba to focus on reducing their order backlog. To prepare for their facility relocation, PST-Scuba has already begun pre-building inventories of their E-Series™ diving tanks.

PST-Scuba’s E-Series™ is the first scuba diving cylinder to feature a service pressure of 3442 psi and a yoke/DIN convertible valve. Advanced cylinder design features also include PST-Scuba’s exclusive hot dip galvanized finish, and superior buoyancy characteristics.

Details of PST-Scuba’s facility relocation, including change of address information, will be announced shortly.

I'll call it positive news when I see 119's and 130's at my LDS. Until then, it's more of the same.

As I've mentioned on this board before, I love my PST tanks, I'm just tired of recycled excuses. My LDS ordered some PST tanks 9 months ago. Nada. I'm really glad I'm not one of the guys waiting for that order. I think they'll see Christmas before they see their tanks.

I have yet to see a manufacturing relocation that did not, in and of itself, result in a substantial disruption in product fulfillment. So here's hoping, but the whole saga of the PST tanks will someday be one for B-school casebooks. Build a better mousetrap, only to get bogged down in manufacturing delays and supply failures for such an extended period of time that other companies actually start up directly competing product lines to take advantage of the customer demand.

I hope it (the relocation) works. But I am glad I am not waiting for tanks.

I, too, am glad I'm not waiting for a new PST tank (like I was almost a year ago). I like them, but elected to buy a used HP120 from a dive buddy instead. I was really disappointed by the feedback I got from PST on the premature failure of my old tank.

However, in their defense, they have been embroiled in a legal battle with the city over their former facility and its condemnation. Certainly that has been a major factor in the disruption, and not one that was their fault.

Dr. Bill

...was coming back from the Keys yesterday afternoon..stopped in divers supply and saw 2 shiny new e7-100s sitting there........excellent price.......so they ended up in my car (turning an otherwise relatively cheap weekend of diving into a somewhat more expensive one)!

Dive Rite Express started taking orders on their web site again for E7-80's, 100's and other sizes that were grayed out for the longest of time. I went ahead and ordered a E7-80 from them.

I'll be picking up my 2 new e7100's from the dive shop this evening, at long last!!

CRDiver:
To prepare for their facility relocation, PST-Scuba has already begun pre-building inventories of their E-Series™ diving tanks.
I wonder how they can build inventory when they can't meet existing demand?

i would imagine, from what i hear, that the 100's are the most popular, maybe they're trying to fil their biggest demand first then taking care of the rest

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom