Poseidon's Disease

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pos-tech

Registered
Reaction score
Another post talks about "Poseidon's Disease" but I wanted to here more stories or any facts about this, I have been using a poseidon for about a year and have only done two 3+ day trips on it one I developed simalar syptons high fever, fatigue, nausia, and dry cough, but was gone the next morning and came back about 2 hours after diving.

While I am not familiar with what you call "Poseidon's Disease", I do know that regs which are not dried properly and then stored in a warm, dark place between dives can grow some pretty nasty specimens inside of their second stages! (Kind of like large Petri Dish) I was once rebuilding a popular second stage for a friend and it sickened me to see what was growing inside of his second stage, (primary)! He had gotten mildly sick after the last 3 dives that we had made together! (Perhaps this is similar to what you refer to?) Norm

I dived an Odin for years and never had any trouble nor heard of anyone else having any.

Tom

I have dived Poseidon's Jet Streams for 7 years and never had an issue ?
Never heard of it, Any Regs could get you crook if they where not washed out and cleaned after a dive and stored in a nice warm dark cupboard.

I have to agree. I've had my Odins for some time & have never had this problem. Now there are some questions involving the amount of space in the 2nd stage relative to CO2 loading. But again, I've not had any problems w/this. I live my Odins & I may very well NEVER switch.

If there were CONFIRMED studies on this promblem pointing directly to the Odin/Jetstream, I may look a bit closer.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

pos-tech once bubbled...
Another post talks about "Poseidon's Disease" but I wanted to here more stories or any facts about this,
I have to agree with the others. Been diving odin's, almost exclusively for over ten years now and have never experienced anything like your describing.

A great reg, IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom