poseidon/parkway drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gorock

Contributor
Reaction score
Just picked this suit up off of ebay, I know, I should buy these kinds of things form the LDS but Im a struggling college student and the price couldnt be beat. What I'm wondering is if anyone has any experience with this style suit, again I should have asked first, but i saw this towards the close of the auction. Obviously this will be my first drysuit, just looking for some advice with this one. My LDS owner will be showing me how to use this suit.

Hi. The suit is called a "Unisuit." I own two Unisuits (plus one "Jetsuit"--zipper is at back of shoulders instead of around crotch--same valve configuration though). You are in PA, so you will be diving the suit in quarries, I take it? You'll have a blast. The suits are incredibly warm. As they are old, though, they can be stiff (not always, depends on the history of your suit). The seals may have lost some flexibility, and this can be a problem if they don't fit just right. But as they are neoprene, they are durable and easily modified. The exhaust valve is manual only, and you'll have to do some semi-rolling or twisting to exhaust air, as the valve is on your chest. If your suit didn't come with an inflator hose, you'll have to find one--the fittings are European and not US standard. You'll need considerable weight to get that 7mm neoprene submerged--I use between 28 and 30 pounds. Fit is important--if the suit fits you right, you'll enjoy it and have no problem. If you do lots of diving, and especially if you decide to dive the ocean (rougher conditions than quarries), you'll likely be looking for another suit pretty soon ;-). But you will become a better diver after diving that Unisuit.

Thanks for the reply, I am actually sending it back as it was a lot smaller than I was led to believe by the description. but the seller is being excellent. one of the guys i dive with uses a unisuit exclusive, thats why when i saw unisuit in the description and then the pictures i just figured it was a mistake. You are right, i dive mostly quarries and as much wrecks in lake erie as i have the time/money.

anyway, thanks again for the input

Just picked this suit up off of ebay, I know, I should buy these kinds of things form the LDS but Im a struggling college student and the price couldnt be beat. What I'm wondering is if anyone has any experience with this style suit, again I should have asked first, but i saw this towards the close of the auction. Obviously this will be my first drysuit, just looking for some advice with this one. My LDS owner will be showing me how to use this suit.

I am also getting 1 off E-bay .did you use it at this time ???What do you think of it ??Get back to me
scubadmike@yahoo.com

As mentioned above - you need a lot of weight to get that suit down. Personally, I don't like slugging around 30-40 extra pounds of lead. That being said - the Unisuit was a workhorse of its time, though leaky as it got older with the neoprene getting crushed and all.

Some shell suits can be had for good prices if you look around and may not involve so much dinero.

X

Back
Top Bottom