Poseidon Lubrication

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pickle man

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
If you are a trained tech do you use the 3 recommended Poseidon lubricating greases when servicing an Extreme first stage or use Christolube or Tribolube in all instances? Please also comment if you are a DIY'er. Looking to get a consensus of opinion on common practice. Thanks for your input in advance.

it depends. If you are servicing for others for O2 use, then you damn well better be using the poseidon greases since the manual says specifically not to use christolube because it isn't rated for high pressure use. If you're doing O2 regs, then you need the HP grease and the normal pressure oxygen grease. If doing non-o2, you need the normal oxygen grease and the regular grease, so only 2 depending on which one you're working with.

If you are servicing for yourself, I see no reason not to just use christolube or tribolube for everything if doing oxygen service. I use dow-111 on all of my second stages regardless of oxygen service or not, and I use dow-111 on all of my non-o2 first stages.

Note that Poseidon says specifically that no regs that were not originally machined for oxygen use are able to be oxygen cleaned, and any regulator that has ever been serviced with normal grease can no longer be properly cleaned for oxygen service

Back
Top Bottom