Portuguese Man-o'war season in SE Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plongeursousmarin:
when you say skin suit, does that exclude a neoprene 3 mm wetsuit or does any suit (lycra skin or regular neoprene wetsuit) constitute adequate protection?
A 3mm suit is fine - some people don't want to wear any kind of wet suit when the water gets warmer - so a skinsuit is the minimum protection.
In the summer in less than 100', a 3mm can get pretty warm underwater. I wear a 1mm and there are days in the summer when I get warm in it, although not lately.

Tom Winters:
A 3mm suit is fine - some people don't want to wear any kind of wet suit when the water gets warmer - so a skinsuit is the minimum protection.
In the summer in less than 100', a 3mm can get pretty warm underwater. I wear a 1mm and there are days in the summer when I get warm in it, although not lately.
IM*V*HO I'd recommend skins during that time of year here as long as you aren't hypersensitive to cold. You're more likely to trap something nasty in your wet suit when you "vent" it like I do occasionally to cool down or rinse it out after warming it up lol.

Only time I have been stung by sea lice was when I was wearing skins.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom