Ports on cruise to dive Tortola, Grenada, Barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaschne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Want to dive these while in port for the day, we are in Tortola from 11-8, does anyone do afternoon dives to the Rhone?

Looking at Aquanauts for Grenada, any feedback?

Any suggestions for Barbados, or just dive the other ports (plan to do Bonaire, and Curacao) thanks for any feedback

The main dive operator who services the cruise ships in Tortola is Sail Caribbean Divers, and unless things have changed, I believe they do a two tank dive on the Rhone in the morning, and then they take out a snorkelling excursion to the Caves on Norman Island in the afternoon.

You could probably organise something yourself directly with a local operator though - the nearest one to the cruise ship dock is Aquaventure.

Good luck.

I have been diving with Aquanauts several times. Very nice dive boat, friendly staff. It has two shops, one at True Blue Bay, the other is near Spiceland Mall. Other dive shops there include Devotion 2 Ocean and Dive Grenada. D20 is where I did my IDC. I have not been diving with Dive Grenada. If you go out there are tons of great sites. Veronica wreck is around 40 feet and has tons of different fish. Bianca C is definitely one to see, also called the Titanic of the Caribbean. It's a huge cruise ship. When you drop down you can hit the pool. Go to the bottom and lay your console on the floor and you'll get 132 feet :)

I see you did your IDC with Devotion 2 Ocean. I am looking at doing my Divemaster with them. Is there anything you would mind sharing about them. Any pros and cons you found with the training, etc...

Could you maybe tell me a little about Aquanauts as well and have you dove with Eco Dive and Trek?

I did a couple days of dives with Aquanauts in Grenada last December. I had just been certified and was pretty new to diving and thought they were very good with me. On one day, it was myself and one other diver, on the second day it was just me, but we went out anyway. I wasn't that impressed with the actual diving there, visibility was pretty low, but I thought the dive shop was pretty good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom