Porteguese Man-o-War nearly killed me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While surfing one time, my son duck dove into a wave...Got Man of War from his head to toes...he was one sore surfer...but he survivied

If you want to read about some dangerous jellyfish, check out the internet for "Irukandji Jellyfish" in Northern Australia. They are very small ( 2.5 cm ) but extremely deadly.

DI_Guy:
If you want to read about some dangerous jellyfish, check out the internet for "Irukandji Jellyfish" in Northern Australia. They are very small ( 2.5 cm ) but extremely deadly.

Yeah, I saw the documentry on those things. They're really interesting.

DI_Guy:

Those sound pretty nasty.... maybe it was one of those.... don't know? The sting wasn't really painful, just a bit irritating. Could be... maybe the Doc didn't know afterall. I'll look into it deeper... and thanks for everyones concern :)

Extreme fatigue is also a sign of DCS.

Shorty wet suites are for jet skiers. Long suits protect so much better for so little more. ;0

Good thing you weren't allergic to the sting. I've seen the MOW react to someone that was(a lifeguard friend), and he looked like a burn victim.

Glad you are ok....sounds like quite an ordeal!!!!

DandyDon:
Shorty wet suites are for jet skiers. Long suits protect so much better for so little more. ;0

I've pretty much stopped wearing my shorty now. Not cos of stings but cos no matter what protection I used I ended up with brutal sunburn on the back of my calves by the end of a trip and a stupid tanline.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom