Portage Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I grew up in Bryan Ohio which is to the west a bit. My grandfather is the head of the chemistry department there at Bowling Green State Univ. Basically I spent the first 18 years of my life in that area and it is beyond me why anyone would want to go visit it and of all places, Portage? Dont sneeze you might miss it.

You know Michigan is only about 30 min to the north. you could go to Clearwater lake. We used to rent a boat and go water skiing. I used to see the Diver down flags and floats all the time, but wasn't into diving at that age. Its called Clearwater because you have amazing visibility. I believe its spring fed.

Of all the times my grandmother took me fishing in the quarries around Bowling Green I never saw a diver. I have always wanted to dive the Maumee river. Dive it like you would Cooper's river with a large stake and search for artifacts. There were a lot of indian camps along the River. Wayne defeated the indians at Fort Defiance, now the city Defiance about 30 min to the west of Portage. just take 281 out of Portage and go west you run right into it. I used to find axe heads, spear tips, arrow heads all the time on my grandfathers farm. Moat of the River's front is private but there is a lot of public parks too. Just pull in your local gas station and ask. If you want more planning then ask me.

If somthing happens to you the closest hospitol thats worth anything is St. Vincents in Toledo. I don't think Portage even has EMS, its just volunteer Fire EMT's. just leave a note scribbled
St. V's because you dont want to go to the local hospitals

Maybe growing up on a farm I lost interest in seeing a Silo, even if it is under water. I find it amuzing that there is a silo down there. Go to most quarries and you find sail boats, busses, maybe even a small air plane. Go to Ohio, and you find a silo, lmao. whats next a Combine? That be kinda sweet for photos though.

If you go to Portage please stay safe and say hello to everyone you meet because I am probably related to them.

I_suk_air once bubbled...
Maybe growing up on a farm I lost interest in seeing a Silo, even if it is under water. I find it amuzing that there is a silo down there. Go to most quarries and you find sail boats, busses, maybe even a small air plane. Go to Ohio, and you find a silo, lmao. whats next a Combine? That be kinda sweet for photos though.

Why stop with a combine? How about submitting a request to sink a tractor pulling a manure spreader too! :D We could set up a little implement yard down there, what fun!
Ber :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom