Portage--Aug. 22-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Busdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all,

Friends and I will be diving and camping at Portage all weekend. We will be completing a rescue class and just having a good time. Look for the green pop top and stop by for bit.

Bus

Hi Bus.

I'll be a Portage all weekend with a group as well. I was going to 'bump' my thread today but I won't as you've started this thread. If we have our banner up we're the Ford Sea Lancers. If not, I have a red Escape with Michigan plates.

See you there.
Paula

I'm planning on diving Portage friday, what time you guys rollin' in ?

just missed you all. Dove portage last monday (I think)... Maybe next time..?

Paula I will look out for you. I should have the easiest vehicle to spot so everyone is welcome to wonder over or dive with us. We will be completing our rescue on Saturday and just playing the other days.

If I can clear my schedule of clients for Friday then I will be heading out of Detroit around 10 am. If I have clients that cannot be put off till Monday then I will be leaving around 2 pm. Any which way I will be ready to dive on Friday. I just got home from a week in Bermuda. It will be refreshing getting back into water that does not have 150 ft. viz and is not 81 plus degrees. Geez, not sure how folks can dive in those conditions on a regular basis. LOL. Looking forward to the mellow atmosphere of Portage.

Bus

My first multi-quote!!!!

I'm planning on diving Portage friday, what time you guys rollin' in ?

I'll know better Thursday PM.

Paula I will look out for you. I should have the easiest vehicle to spot so everyone is welcome to wonder over or dive with us. We will be completing our rescue on Saturday and just playing the other days.

Bus

ummm... might help if you described the 'easiest vehicle to spot'!

There won't be as many on my buddies there as planned. Life is getting in the way. Maybe I'll just hang with your group?

Paula

I'll be drivin' a maroon 4-door Oldsmobile Cutlass Sierra Sl ... I usually show up 'round 5pm on Fridays, but I could certainly come earlier depending if I got someone to dive w/ when I get there.

lemme know...

I will be in a green 1968 VW pop top camper hence Bus (the old vw's) diver. LOL

It will be the easiest vehicle to spot. See folks tomorrow.

I don't like Portage anymore. The don't have any good entry/exit points. I don't know why they don't build some docks or stairs...

Portage is where I broke my ankle getting in!! Dang place. :(

Sorry to hear that you broke your ankle. It is funny that you comment about getting in and out. The natural landings created by the rocks are wonderful. My friends and I view that as one of the best assets to the quarry.

Back
Top Bottom