Port Jacksons in Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanMont

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

As the post title suggests can anyone name any dive sites around sydney where you can reliably find large aggregations of Port Jackson Sharks. Only really looking at shore dives as well.

Cheers,
Dan

I can't guarantee any sightings, but I have seen them at the following shore diveable locations:

Camp Cove, North Bondi, Gordons Bay and Maroubra in the South. Little Manly, Shelley Beach and Fairy Bower in the North.

I see them pretty reliably almost everywhere around this time.

Saw a congregation of 5 at Cape Solander (Kurnell) about 6 weeks ago.
Saw another congregation of 7 under some overhangs on a night dive at Bare Island 2 weeks ago.
Another night dive at Harbord I saw about 10 in about an hour's worth of diving 2 weeks ago also.

Always seem to see one or two at Little Manly as well.

Judging by my facebook picture trail from other sydney divers... Bare island seems to be the best spot at the moment.

I too have seen them at Harboard, which in itself is a great dive anyway, but should definitely be conducted with someone who knows the site, even if the swell isn't big.

Shelley and Bare island can be done by just rocking up with next to no local knowledge, just google the site and read a site report or two. Harboard can be a tricky site getting in and out.

Thanks for the info, did 3 dives at bare island earlier this weekk and had between 6 and 12 per dive. Did Oak Park today aand had 8 there;, had been told there are around 30 in fishsoup at osak park but we didnt make it there today, will ggive it another go tomorrow now we know where to go a bit better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom