Port Closed ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azscubadude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been watching the SCC web cam this morning and it looks like the port is closed (today is Thursday 9/8). Everyone is standing around up by the dive shop as if they are waiting word.. closed or open ?

Just got home late Sunday (9/4) and had such good weather for 8 days that is made me curious if anyone knew.

Hope not so all can go diving.. :idk:

It is closed, waiting patiently for it to reopen so we can get wet...............................:cool2:

Welcome home. When are you going back and where are the pictures????? :wink:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the welcome home !!

Working on the photos I did take but to be honest I had such a good time boat diving that I didn't take a lot of photos this trip.

The weather was perfect (hot and humid..:cool2:), the boats were not crowded and the water was the perfect temp. It was heaven. I did manage to log 19 dives in 7 days of diving but most were just to take in the scenery and enjoy the reefs. I also got in a lot of down time which is always great.

Had the camera with me on a few boat dives but mostly went ripping by all the critters that I wanted to take photos of. On the last day of diving I didn't take the camera with me (since I was leaving the next day morning and already had it all packed and wasn't really planning on diving that day) and sure enough we came across a HUGE Hawksbill that was sitting on the bottom with hardly any current. I could have stayed there for a whole tank of air.. never fails !!

We also saw one of the biggest Nurse Sharks I've ever seen out cruising just ahead of us. It saw us, came back toward us and circled one of our divers a couple times from about 4 feet out and then just went on its way. Great dives, LOTS of critters and great memories !!

Not sure when I'm going back but it won't be to far in the future.. I'm short one trip for this year and need to make it up before years end..:D

It was a GREAT trip !!

Last edited:
Port opened about 20 minutes ago!!!!!!! Let's go diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom