Pool and Classroom Done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MasterFritts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Woo hoo. Now all I need are my OW dives. But they are not till Oct 11 & 12.

However to keep from going crazy I am going to do a Nitrox class this Saturday (so when I do my OW I kill two check dives with one stone).

Then on Oct 18 & 19 I am going to go ahead and do the Advanced rating.

This is so awesome!!

Congratulations MasterFritts! You are almost there, just a little more and you will be onto the AOW. I think you will find that the additional training will be a benefit. I would like to encourage you to get involved with your local dive club or local diving scene find ways to keep diving and gaining valuable experience. Continue to practice and hone the skills you are learning just like your martial arts diving is a participation sport. You really get what you put into it! You are doing great continue on your coarse the best is yet to come! Nitrox rocks! Have fun training and safe diving to you my friend!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Thanks just finished my Nitrox class today. I got a 96 on the written for the regular class and a 90 on the Nitrox exam.

In 2 weeks I go to the local quarry and will do my checkout dives for both open water and nitrox (combining them makes life easier).

I am SO excited. I can't wait!

The weekend after that I am schedule to do my advanced course. Then in Nov off to Ginnie Springs, FL to dive with a friend of mine.

Well MasterFritts you seem to be getting alot done is a small time frame. Not bad at all just make sure you go slow enough to absorb what you learn. The Nitrox in my opinion is the only way to go. I dont dive air unless I absolutely have too anymore.

The divers on this site are awesome and a great bunch of people so you will never have a shortage of people to give you advice either so if you have questions we have answers!

Good luck and happy diving!

Thanks :) I feel like an addict. After the Advanced course I plan on doing a dry suit course in Nov or early Dec so I can dive year round in TN.

I am the type when I set my mind to it nothing stop me. Have to be to have gotten my 6th Dan black belt in Taekwondo. I have been an instructor in martial arts for 20 years now and I feel led to eventually become a scuba instructor if not just an assistant instructor. The main reason as an instructor in TKD I am always honing my skills and keeping up with training so I feel being an instructor will increase my scuba knowledge greatly. That is my goal along with diving.

Welcome to the awesome sport that is diving. :)

Becoming a scuba instructor will definitely keep your skills current and increase your knowledge, for sure, but remember...experience is also important. Don't rush to become an instructor straight away...get out there and dive dive dive, gain experience in different environments first...cold water, warm water, currents, daytime, nighttime, 30ft, 100ft, etc. The more experience you have at diving, the better instructor you will be. :)

At any rate, good luck and have fun with your OW checkout dives...and nitrox? Awesome choice. Most useful specialty certification out there, in my opinion. :)

My goal is instructor one day but I will not rush to get there. Being in the martial arts for 20+ years taught me that nothing good is every quick. It takes 3 years just to get a black belt (traditionally, I did it in just over 2) and 12 years to become a Master. I am about 6 years away from a Grandmaster title if I am able to continue down the road that I am going now.

So time is not an issue. I will be gung-ho about it until I eventually become an instructor. No rushing here just diving, diving, diving.

Back
Top Bottom