Pony tank attachment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for recommendations to attach my 13 cu ft pony to use with the 2 banded Zeagle Escape. Currently I'm using a nylon bag and find it sloppy.

Also tried the Zeagle two band system which does not work with the small 13 pony.

I want something solid and easy to use and I prefer not to sling the pony. Also I want something that will keep the pony bottle close to center line. Some of the X brackets keep some distance from the main tank and I'm concerned about trim.

Anyone have experience with Northern Diver with the 13 pony?

Adam

I was going through the same delimma, except for my BC only has one Cam Strap. Through a post and some suggestions I decided to go with the Dive Rite Remora from Northeast Scuba Supply. I have not dove it yet but figured for $20 it was worth a try. One of the things I didn't know from the picture, is that besides the Yellow and Blue rubber pads the entire bracket is metal and very solidly constructed. Looking forward to using it.

I was going through the same delimma, except for my BC only has one Cam Strap. Through a post and some suggestions I decided to go with the Dive Rite Remora from Northeast Scuba Supply. I have not dove it yet but figured for $20 it was worth a try. One of the things I didn't know from the picture, is that besides the Yellow and Blue rubber pads the entire bracket is metal and very solidly constructed. Looking forward to using it.

It looks like this keeps the two tanks apart quite a bit, which is something I want to avoid. Can I ask you what is the distance between the two tanks when attached by this?

Adam

This is the bracket I use on my lower tank strap. I mount a 13cu ft pony valve down on my right side so I can access the valve while diving. It is very solid and you can remove the pony with ease, leaving just the base on the strap when you transport of dive w/o the pony. It is very well built and pleased with it, it holds the small pony solid.

I do find it makes me list to starboard slightly. I have a weight pocket on my upper tank strap and slide it to the left, then I am perfectly balanced.

One photo I saw of the pony attached with the Remora shows a very large gap between the two tanks. I could be wrong but it looked like the largest separation I've seen.

I really could not decide or see anything perfect, so I ordered the DiveRite stage bottle sling to see how this feels to dive. Some of the pony bottle mounts cost over $100 and I don't want to spend that much to have it sit unused.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom