Pony Reg Config

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrMojo

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking for advice on the best way to route reg hoses for a pony.
I have ATX100/50 Octo and a ATX 50 on my pony which will be attached to the right side of my cylinder and from doing i have three regs coming from the right. is there a better way as all the other ways by comming over the left leaves the reg upside down?

Regards,

MAL..

It appears to me that the best way would be to rig the pony like a stage bottle and sling it off your left hand side. This seems to obviate all the problems with having three regs and completely eliminate any possible confusion about what reg is what gas.

I understand your point jonnythan but i was trying to keep the pony on my back and as still a novice need less to worry about,but this may be the route i have to take because i feel cluttered with three reg on my right side.Ok if i do side sling what is the best kit for it and how do you secure the reg for easy reach.

Regards,

MAL..

I'm really not the person to ask.. do a search for "stage rigging" :)

Before going to doubles, when I used a pony, I didn't use an octopus. So, I just had my primary and the pony reg for emergency use, and that reg was positioned where the octo normally would have been.

If you want to use an octopus reg (rather than donate from your mouth) then it is better to have the octo coming under your left arm. It might be upside down for you but it will be the right way up for your buddy (and that is who it is for). You could then have the pony reg on a necklace and you will be fairly clutter free.

...are you set on diving with a pony? Have you already read the posts pro and con here in other threads on Scuba Board... I don't want to repeat things you may already have considered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom