Votes: 9 42.9%
  • I like single tank diving

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Padi should adopt this configuration

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use ponies as deco bottles. Other than that I don't use 'em.
Rick

I always carry one, just to keep my equipment the same on each dive.

Since I always get a new "1 day boat buddy" every day on vacation, and about 1/3 of the time on local trips (my regular buddy can't always make it), it's nice to have a redundant air source. It's also nice for cold water dives when a first stage freeze-up is possible.

A pony isn't a fix for not watching your air, and isn't a way to extend your dive. It's just a way to change an "Oh s**t!" equipment failure into a minor inconvienience, without diving doubles.

It's also not a replacement for a buddy, since a pony can't help untangle you from a wad of monofilament.

FWIW, this is a hot topic that's been rehashed here a number of times, so you might as well just do a search.

Terry

I got mine early, like having it. Haven't used it other than practice, but nice to know it's there if it hits the fan.

I like single tank diving and PADI should adopt this configuration because i never dive without one. :) great choices.

you need to add a voting option for:

- most people who use ponys don't understand the failure possibilities and aren't as redundant as they think they are. most people who do understand the possible failures of ponys dive doubles.

Also needs "I sometimes wear a pony but not always".

Then i could vote :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom